Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. Its Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage its capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory and reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs. In pursuit of its goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease, Guardant Health has launched multiple liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 and GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, which fuel its LUNAR development programs for recurrence and early detection. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 7,000 oncologists, over 50 biopharmaceutical companies and all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
The Screening Core is a dedicated organization inside of Guardant Health focused on the development and commercialization of the early cancer detection LUNAR portfolio. The Screening Core’s singular focus on bringing our early cancer detection products to market allows us to act with the speed and urgency needed to achieve our ambitious goals and serve the millions of individuals who can benefit from early cancer detection.
The Senior Director Area Sales East "second line leader" role is a key leadership position in the Screening Core, responsible for leading a team of front line managers who manage sales professionals for the East half of the united states. This position reports directly into the Vice President of Sales Screening Core. The Senior Director Sales East "second line leader" will lead the customer facing activity that will drive the adoption of our early cancer CRC screening test with primary care physicians and a targeted group of gastroenteroligists.
The Senior Director Sales East, "second line leader" will be responsible for hiring, coaching and developing sales leaders who will hire and lead a team of sales professionals who focus on primary care physicians and a targeted group of gastroenterologists. This role will help build out the Screening Core, shape culture, and inspire a team to bring Guardant’s early cancer CRC screening test to adoption and use. Works with internal stakeholders to develop content for sales training, provides input and helps shape the planning and agendas for quarterly/annual planning meetings, and works closely with sales operations to ensure effective execution in the field. Consistently evaluates execution metrics, sales trends and market analysis which leads to clear tactical direction that drives results. Identifies areas of development for the sales team and has demonstrated the capacity to develop a budget/resourcing plan to support the needs of the business.
· Hire, lead, and develop a customer facing structure to support launch of Guardant’s cancer screening test for Colorectal Cancer
· Lead the development and implementation of comprehensive business plans that will be inclusive of budgets, territory management and goal setting that supports achievement of business objectives
· Work with screening core internal stakeholders to develop brand strategy and tactical execution plans to support brand objectives
· Inform strategies by continually analyzing the competitive landscape and environment to determine trends and provide customer feedback to GH leadership
· Manage execution across primary care customer facing teams through analysis of execution metrics, sales results and customer feedback
· Meet with key PCP and GI KOL’s in either the East or West Region and engage key customers as needed to support sales objectives
· Work effectively with individuals across multiple departments to ensure support for customer facing teams including but not limited to IT, finance, marketing, sales ops, training, legal.
· Work closely with the Screening Core Key Account Management team to ensure local MSA pull through and synergies.
· Be a champion for compliance and create a culture of compliance throughout all customer facing activity
· Lead with a strategic mindset that is guided by putting patients first and helping an organization conquer cancer.
· Embrace, embody and represent the Guardant Health company values at all times to external and internal constituents
· 7+ Years of demonstrated success as a sales or account leader in Pharmaceuticals, Lab, Hospital or Diagnostics, preferably in the primary care setting
· 5+ Years of demonstrated success leading, team leaders across customer facing activities, account management and direct to HCP promotion
· Experience developing sales organizations, building teams and hiring top talent
· Success working with health systems, integrated delivery networks and large independent practices to embed products into routine patient care
· Demonstrated ability to effectively build and execute against strategic account plans
· Deep understanding of the payor and reimbursement environment in the primary care setting
· Ability to work independently, communicate proactively, manage multiple projects and prioritize daily tasks while managing critical deadlines
· Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain a very high level of confidentiality
· Ability to develop and utilize cross-functional relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals and objectives.
· Previous experience managing remote teams
· Ability to travel up to 75% of the time
B.S. in life science, biology, business or marketing is ideal and advanced degree preferred (MS, MBA)
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health, Inc. and how it is used, please review our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.