Rainforest QA is a distributed company full of smart, capable people from around the world who enjoy working together to make our customers successful.
Our mission is to make product quality accessible for every software company. The Rainforest QA solution combines no-code test automation and crowdsourced testing in a single, one-of-a-kind QA platform, allowing anyone to get the exact insights they need to release with quality, quickly.
About the Team
This is a fantastic leadership opportunity for a professional who wants to build a best-in-class Controller function. A successful candidate will be hands-on and detail-oriented when it comes to operational execution, but also possess the ability to be a strategic partner to the business. This position will report directly to the CFO and will be remote.
About the Role
- Lead and oversee all areas of Accounting Operations, including Payroll, AR, AP, month-end and year-end close process
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls and mitigate risk
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements to the executive team and board
- Own and manage external audits and work toward improving internal audit rigor
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Manage and mentor Staff Accountant and oversee day to day delivery of the team, including contractors and consultants
- Work toward continuous improvement of processes and explore and implement ERP systems that enable us to scale efficiently
- Be a strategic business partner, engaging proactively to support and guide business decisions
- Self-starter with the ability to act and operate independently; natural curiosity to take on new challenges and responsibility
- Detail-oriented with the ability to set priorities and be flexible in a changing environment
- 8+ years accounting experience in a senior accounting or financial management role
- Advanced degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Previous experience in audit at Big 4 accounting firm
- Proven professional experience at privately held, as well as public B2b SaaS companies
- Thorough, practical knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements, general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Able to select and work fluently with prevalent ERP and accounting systems
- Thrives in a fast-paced startup environment with ability to operate in a remote working environment, and work effectively with folks at various levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to engage with key business partners
- Impeccable analytical and organizational skills
- Motivated to quickly gain knowledge of Rainforest QA platform and product offerings
- Experience with Operational Due Diligence process/fundraising/M&A a plus
How we’ll reward you
- Competitive salary with equity
- Flexible, remote work options
- Allowance for remote office supplies or personal development
- International company off-sites to bond with your team and explore exciting destinations around the world
- 100% medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage. 75% for dependents
About the Company
How We Work
We are a truly distributed team, spanning Asia/Pacific, Europe, and North America. (Our headquarters is in San Francisco.) We champion our belief that life is about more than work and we foster a culture that supports diverse lifestyles.
Own the Outcome: We are fiercely passionate and detail-obsessed. We take ownership of observed challenges to swiftly overcome obstacles and strive for outcomes that make our customers better off.
No Bulls**t: We all play a part in furthering our organization’s culture, when discussing ideas or challenging existing views, by communicating candidly with thoughtfulness and care.
Commit and Iterate: We tackle tough situations head-on by making informed bets. We define and measure our success based on our ability to take risks, fail with purpose, and continually iterate on our business.
A Note on Diversity and Inclusion
At Rainforest we believe that diverse teams improve our business. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.