Seniority Level: Manager
Industry: Information Technology & Services, Computer Software, Start-up, Biotechnology, Biopharma, Pharmaceuticals
Employment Type: Full-time
Job function: Operations
Location: Remote, within the continental US
We are looking for a Supplier Operations Manager with 3-5+ years of experience in GxP laboratory, compliance or regulatory management, in the CRO or life science industry, to join our highly talented and growing Business Operations team.
You should have laboratory experience in the life sciences industry, specifically under the regulated environment (e.g. GLP lab, or human biobank). A background in compliance and regulatory management, or procurement with focus on supplier compliance management is ideal.
The ideal candidate should be a self-starter with laboratory experience, but with desire to move away from the bench and into a regulatory operations and customer training and onboarding role. You should be highly driven and able to thrive and prioritize correctly in a fast-paced environment. You should be software technology savvy, data driven, and willing to dive deep into the process in order to optimize and improve it.
About Science Exchange:
The Science Exchange SaaS-enabled marketplace helps scientists accelerate their research by providing an all-in-one digital platform to source, order, manage, and pay for R&D services. Scientists get instant access to our network of 3,500+ CROs, CMOs, and academic labs that are already contracted and qualified so projects can start without the delays caused by contract negotiations and supplier onboarding. We automate repetitive administrative tasks, purchasing workflows, reporting, and payment processing. Our solutions are trusted by the world’s top life sciences organizations, saving thousands of hours and millions of dollars in costs while helping to advance drug discoveries. Science Exchange was seeded out of Y Combinator in 2011 and has raised nearly $70M from top venture funds including USV, Maverick Capital, and Norwest Venture Partners. We are a remote-first company with employees all over the U.S., Europe, and Asia/Pacific. Our talented and passionate team includes developers, designers, marketers, and scientists that are charged with bringing intellectual rigor and creativity to every decision we make.
About the Role:
- Review Supplier qualification surveys and qualify new Suppliers/re-qualify existing Suppliers according to Science Exchange compliance criteria.
- Be able to independently make informed decisions on whether the Supplier passes the compliance criteria based on the provided information.
- Contribute with development of new surveys for Supplier qualifications.
- Conduct new Supplier onboarding and account implementation.
- Assist at scaling the team by following the established processes and recommending improvements.
- Become an expert on Science Exchange products and be able to train Supplier users on newly released features.
Specific Qualifications and Requirements:
- BA/BS degree in life sciences required, MS preferred.
- 3-5+ years of experience in a CRO or the biopharma industry, including, but not limited to: research associate, scientist, study manager, regulatory manager, or procurement.
- Working knowledge of GxP, animal welfare, biosafety and handling of human biospecimens for research purposes.
- Familiarity with compliance criteria required for R&D in the life science industry.
- Familiarity with biopharma operations, drug discovery and development, and the R&D outsourcing market.
- Ability to work directly with customers in order to train and onboard newly qualified Suppliers.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Adaptability and flexibility to changing priorities.
- Attention to detail and ability to work simultaneously on multiple priorities.
- Location is flexible within the continental US.
Ready to join us?
Science Exchange is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.