Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is a portfolio of lifestyle brands including Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, and Gilly Hicks. Reaching customers across 120+ countries, we strive to create customer-centric, omni-channel experiences for our global customer base.
How do we do it? Every day, our associates show up and empower one another to stay curious and think big. As a team of relentless innovators, we aren’t afraid to dream boldly. We are accountable and aim to the highest caliber to understand, push boundaries and embrace change. We coach, mentor, care, and bring our best selves every day because we are in this together. Whether you lead yourself, a team, or the company, everyone is a leader at A&F.
A newly crafted position, the Manager of Customer Analytics will be responsible for managing our #1 asset, customer data, helping ensure its accuracy & completeness for strong customer insights and storytelling. This role is a crucial function in our journey to becoming a customer-obsessed organization, delivering insights & fact bases that empower internal partners to craft the best strategies. This person will help develop a team of analysts, driving strong relationships with internal partners, implementing processes to collaborate upstream and instilling a culture of curiosity, anticipating questions and needs.
Abercrombie and Fitch is making significant investments in customer insights and marketing tools to achieve these goals. The ideal candidate will be responsible for harnessing our growing capabilities to identify and manage the right segments, pain points and gaps in customer experience. This foundational knowledge of our customer will help inform the business for data strategy, strategic personalized marketing recommendations and end-to-end customer experiences, that ultimately drive material increases in retention and revenue.
- Confident, polished demeanor; experience with presenting information to all levels
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact with personnel on all levels in a team-oriented environment.
- Flexible, customer-focused and solution-oriented
- High degree of proficiency in synthesizing and analyzing data; ability to solve complex problems
- Critical thinking, curiosity and willingness to experiment and try new solutions
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with deadlines and a heavy workload
This position reports to the Lead of Personalization and Customer Analytics, Customer Intelligence
What will you be doing?
- Responsible for managing and developing a team of analysts, ensuring accuracy, rigor, and integrated customer data & storytelling
- Ensure rigor in testing and execution of methodology
- Instill a cross-functional culture of learning and measurement
- Ensure accurate reporting of customer-based measurement/ metrics (including but not limited to email, SMS)
- Guide advanced customer analyses to proactively provide insights to decision makers and answer critical business questions
- Drive continued subscriber / community growth through effective insights and reporting that leads to data-driven programs and churn-mitigation strategies
- Define customer measurement approach of key programs, collaborating with marketing channel and analytics leads to continuously test practices, measure results, and pursue improvement opportunities
- Align learning agenda with cross-functional stakeholders
- Provide an objective source of truth to assess pilot performance
- Synthesize pilot results and socialize with senior marketing leaders
- Regularly assess customer file metrics, see opportunities to improve retention and lifetime value that inform program design/ execution
- Influence budget dedicated to testing across campaigns and channels
- Improve democratization of customer information and insights to evolve the AnF end-to-end omni-channel customer experience in ways that increase customer intimacy, enhance the brand, and improve brand loyalty
- Manage audience strategies across the customer file to mitigate over-saturation or cannibalization internally
- Collaborate across DnA functional areas to ensure cohesive and accurate measurement of campaign content / message impact on customer happiness and loyalty, merchandise and brand strategies, and business objectives
- Drive cross-functional/project connectivity to ensure synergies across business cases and strategies for new programs, including referral marketing, loyalty, cross-channel marketing and services, etc.
- Define new customer / marketing analysis requirements and work with data science / Analytics colleagues to build new business intelligence reporting and tools
- Ensure close collaboration of Analytics with Marketing, Merchandising, Analytics, Brand / Creative, Site / Customer Experience, Product Management, Retail, and Technology
- Manage day to day platform priorities, including supervision of CRM staff and CRM Partners
- Provide day-to-day support while working to establish and implement best practices, alongside Data Ops, regarding data governance (including product management, data cleaning and strong data integrity).
- Collaborate with others in the development of processes and issues resolution for all applications within the Merkle ecosystem with regards to security, access, onboarding of third parties and data integrity
- Escalate issues to marketing leaders for resolution
- Collaborate with Data Ops and Connected Intelligence teams to develop relevant, integrated reporting, including defining KPIs, creating reporting tools or organizational dashboards to support real-time democratization of customer data.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What will you need to bring?
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 6-8 years of related work experience managing Customer Analytics, Digital Marketing Analytics or similar experience
- Proficiency with SQL; familiarity with R/Python a plus
- Experience with data exploration tools, such as Tableau, PowerBI, etc.
- Comfortable navigating through customer data warehouses and data lakes with transactional, event and clickstream data
- Consumer experience preferred, retail experience a plus
- Knowledge of ad/mar-tech tools and platforms including Site Analytics, Email, and CDPs
- Experience creating measurement plans/ Learning agendas and defining KPIs for organization-wide reports and analysis
- Experience with integrating platforms and services
- Detailed knowledge of Security, Sharing, Profiles and Roles
- Demonstrated ability of informing and recommending data-driven strategies to enhance customer LTV and retention across channels
- Ability to consolidate and package results and insights into well-organized, consumable presentations with actionable recommendations and strategies
- Ability to explain analytical results to non-analytic audiences
- Strong project management skills
- Understanding of digital data including the systems and processes used to generate and manipulate it by media type: web, ad, email, mobile, etc
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
This position is not open to applicants residing in or otherwise based in the State of Colorado. The work location is flexible if approved by the Company, except that the position may not be performed remotely from within the State of Colorado.