We are currently seeking an Automated Software Development Engineer in Test ~ SDET with experience creating automated software tools to verify and quantify the quality of the produced software. The right candidate is a self-driven individual with a passion for innovation, who will collaborate closely with developers, understand code and write automated integration and regression tests in a clean and organized manner.
- We develop customized software solutions and provide software development services. We’re a specialized team of developers and architects. As such, we only bring an “A” team to the table, through hard work and a desire to lead the industry — this is our company culture — this is what sets Railroad19 apart.
- At Railroad19, you are part of a company that values your work and gives you the tools you need to succeed. We are headquartered in Saratoga Springs, New York, but we are a distributed team of remote developers across the US. This is a full-time role with vacation, full benefits, and 401k. Railroad19, Inc. provides competitive compensation with excellent benefits and a great corporate culture.
- Understand our client's fast-moving business requirements
- Develop and maintain test automation processes in alignment with the project and/or organization's standards and tools
- Create automated software tools to verify and quantify the quality of the produced software
- Mature and evolve test architecture through the evaluation and adoption of new automation tools, techniques, and practices
- Participate in early story development and design sessions to suggest and assist in acceptance criteria, boundary tests, and automation plans
- Once the story is ready to be tested, execute test cases and provide detailed and timely feedback
- Uncover, document and track defects
- Improve test case execution efficiency and test coverage
- Write and/or perform Manual, Integrations, Acceptance Tests, Functional Tests (must be able to script automation tests)
- Understand validation results of testing
- Create training documentation & conduct knowledge transfer sessions
- Work in an agile development environment, collaborating with the Engineering and Product teams to deliver quality software iteratively
- Integrate QA processes into Software Development & Release Cycles Negotiate appropriate solutions with multiple stakeholders
- Collaborate with other teams in order to deliver a high-performance application that contains little or no defects
Skills & Experience:
- 3 or more years of professional experience testing Microservices and demonstrated ability with writing automation tests
- 3 or more years of professional experience with: Java, REST-Assured, Postman/Newman, Selenium, TestNG and other HTTP Request Client Libraries
- Proficient in the functional and non-functional testing of APIs, including validating JSON (schema and data formats) and API versioning strategy
- Ability to Demonstrate understanding of authorization and authentication mechanisms
- Experience with CI/CD tools, knowledge of how pipelines work and the ability to integrate automation into them.
- Experience with build and configuration tools, such as Maven or Gradle
- Experience with version control systems
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Experience working in an Agile development and delivery environment
- Experience with various Java IDE's: Eclipse, IntelliJ, NetBeans, etc.
- Experience with Swagger/ Swagger Workflow
- Experience with GraphQL as an API Query language
- Experience testing with in AWS Environment/ Tools/ Integration
- Experience with testing in containerized environments, preferably Docker
No Agencies, C2C or Contractors***
Remote- The United States only
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.