Loom is on a mission to empower everyone at work to communicate more effectively, wherever they are. We are already trusted by over 12M users across 200k+ companies. Our customers are global and use Loom at work at world-class companies including Netflix, HubSpot, Atlassian, Juniper Networks, and Twitter.
Founded in 2015, Loom has raised over $200 million from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital, Kleiner Perkins, Coatue, and Andreessen Horowitz.
Loom is looking for a Senior Accountant who will be critical in developing and scaling the accounting and reporting functions. This role will report to the Sr. Accounting Manager, and as an early member of the Accounting team, will tackle both operational and technical accounting projects. This individual will work to build processes for high-impact areas, such as month-end close and the procure-to-pay process.
* We are currently hiring remotely in the United States and Canada
- Perform month-end close procedures, including preparing journal entries, performing account reconciliations and analytical procedures such as fluctuation and trend analyses
- Own full cycle procure-to-pay process, ensuring bills are processed and paid on time with expenses accurately categorized
- Identify and implement process improvements related to month-end close and adjacent processes
- Manage corporate credit card and travel program logistics, including policy development and expense tracking
- Support the annual audit, including preparation of audit schedules and financial statements
- Lead and assist with special projects such as system implementations; drive projects to successful completion
- Work with cross-functional business partners to address reporting needs
What We're Looking For
- 3+ years SaaS industry experience in an accounting role, with strong technical knowledge of GAAP
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance, CPA preferred
- Experience with Netsuite strongly preferred
- Systems implementation experience including PO and/or reconciliation software preferred
- Self-starter with the ability to operate in a fast paced, rapidly evolving, data driven environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required to interface cross-functionally with all levels of the organization
- Passionate about driving continuous improvement in yourself and within your function
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently while maintaining a high degree of accuracy and meeting tight deadlines
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, with the ability to work with large sets of data
How We Work
Freedom and Flexibility: At Loom, we believe work is an act, not a place. When we disengage work from a location, we can accommodate a broad range of life choices. You can choose to work from home or while you travel. If you are in the Bay Area, you can drop by our San Francisco office on 2nd and Market St. when reopens in Fall 2021. We are able to hire across the United States and Canada* and are continuing to expand our international presence. And you are free to move within a country without any adjustment to compensation.
Engaging Workday: The key to an engaging workday is finding the right balance between different ways to work sync, async, text and video. Loom makes it easier for us to say what we mean without having to schedule a zoom meeting or struggle to find the right words. And using async communication allows us to free up time for deep work every day. We believe there's a place for sync time - often a conversation on Zoom is exactly what is needed. For team meetings, this ‘sync time’ is typically between 9AM-Noon PT given where the overlap of timezones where Loommates are located.
Work-Rest Balance: The way we balance the fast-paced demands of a high-growth startup and sustainability is making rest a priority. We offer a flexible PTO policy so you're able to take time off when you need it. We also go fully offline once a year between Christmas and New Year (and twice during the Pandemic). Rest is also part of the workday, not just during PTO. Taking a break for personal commitments, whether it's watching the kids or getting some exercise is natural part of the workday.
Social Connection: Relationships and connectedness matter. We are intentional about building trust and relationships through unique, shared experiences. Our virtual workspace keeps us connected day-to-day whether it's through Looms celebrating wins or our buzzing Slack communities. Post-COVID, we want Loommates to meet in person at least twice a year purely for fun. We're also experimenting in local offices as social spaces, starting with San Francisco in Fall 2021.
Perks at Loom
Competitive compensation and equity package
99% company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
Healthcare reimbursement (for International employees)
Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
401(k) with 4% company matching
Professional development reimbursement
Mental health and wellness reimbursement
Paid parental leave
Remote work opportunities
Home office & technology reimbursement
Loom = Equal Opportunity Employer
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Loom are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.