The Director of Procurement and Vendor Strategy will determine and execute the Company's procurement and vendor management process. This leadership position will work with the Executive Team to set our vendor strategy and define the key vendor relationships to support the Company's offerings to customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee procurement of equipment and/or services from vendors and subcontractors and develop strategic relationship plans.
- Formalize procurement and logistics policies and set measurable goals to hold team accountable.
- Utilize marketplace knowledge to review proposals from suppliers.
- Serve as primary point of contact with vendors and subcontractors.
- Expand on current vendor review process that exists within Estimation function.
- Manage the Logistics team to improve coordination with Construction project management department on construction projects.
- Work with finance and legal functions to execute contracts in accordance with company policies and customer contract requirements.
- Implement analytics and quantitative review as part of purchasing decision-making.
- Develop pricing strategies with key long lead equipment vendors and trade contractors.
- Advise Executive team of procurement issues and develop and execute mitigation plans.
- Identify new market opportunities
EDUCATION OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's in business/finance, engineering, or related field
- Ten years of relevant experience in progressively more senior positions
- Experience reviewing and/or writing technical proposals
- Experience in the data center industry is preferred
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact with executive team on day-to-day basis.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Thorough understanding of procurement (included original equipment manufacturers and key trade contractors)
- Experienced in negotiating pricing and terms and conditions in vendor contracts
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
- Occasionally move objects 10-15lbs.
TRAVEL: Visit HQ in Ashburn, VA once a month or as needed.
REMOTE/TELEWORK: If local, Once a week.
CPG is an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all employment applicants without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.