We are Candidate Labs, a modern search firm built as a technology company. We’re reimagining what’s possible in the recruiting space by creating a radically better experience for both professionals and the technology companies hiring them. Through end-to-end process reinvention and technology enablement, our team of experienced search professionals are delivering results other firms simply cannot.
We are founded by repeat entrepreneurs who've previously raised over $100M from VCs including A16Z, GV, and KPCB. Our team looks like the technology companies we serve, combining software developers, PhD’s, and talent professionals, and we are backed by top VCs, talent leaders, and the founders of high-growth startups including Opendoor, Newfront Insurance, and Lattice.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will help guide stakeholders to innovative UX outcomes for our users. Tackling problems at the intersection of people, process, and technology, you will contribute to our mission of helping every candidate find their dream job & every employer find their ideal candidate. You will work closely with our talented Product Development team in a fast-paced, rapidly accelerating environment, to create amazing experiences.
As we continue to scale our offering into candidate & employer facing products, you will have significant ownership within a product vertical and work on a variety of projects that are both challenging and exciting. You will use your full range of skills as a Product Designer including strategic thinking, UX, user research, & visual design to drive projects forward successfully. If you are a creative problem solver and would enjoy working on products that take the stress out of job discovery, interviewing, & hiring— we are excited to meet you!
This is a remote role.
In this role you will:
- Work closely with Product, Engineering, and our Agency teams to drive our products toward better iterations
- Reduce complex problems down into a set of requirements that strike the right balance between flexibility, power, & ease of use
- Conduct user research with internal and external parties
- Build prototypes to test concepts and help further communicate your design ideas, behaviors, and interactions
- Present work in a range of fidelities to effectively communicate your vision
- Regularly participate in design reviews to share your work and elicit feedback
- Continue to help enhance and refine our product design processes and design system
- Think creatively and boldly in a way that helps Candidate Labs reimagine the recruiting industry
- Have an opportunity to wear many hats across the design discipline
To thrive in this role you:
- Have 4+ years of experience in Product Design, HCI, or UX/UI
- Deeply understand web application UX paradigms and know which patterns lend themselves well to certain scenarios
- Are comfortable conducting your own user research & are excited to build relationships with stakeholders to gather feedback and understand their needs
- Possess extraordinary written & verbal communication skills that allow you to clearly articulate your ideas, your reasoning, and the tradeoffs being made to stakeholders
- Are action-oriented — thinking big, starting small, acting fast (one of our values) — producing deliverables at each stage of the design process
- Can easily switch between high-level thinking about the business to hands-on tactical work
- Think in terms of systems, rather than one-off solutions, to enable scalability across our design ecosystem
- Have a proven track record of creating designs that have led to successful outcomes
Exciting product areas you might work on:
- Candidate Experience — Provides a candidate with tools & features for a smooth interviewing process
- Employer Portal — Helps clients gain visibility into their pipeline
- Recruiter Platform — The engine that supercharges our recruiting team
- Design System — Styles, behaviors, components, & documentation that aligns our products
- Mobile — Responsive web design & native design experiences
Why Join Candidate Labs?
The Market Opportunity
Other large fragmented markets have been similarly disrupted by a new entrant that effectively combines people, software, and data science. In real estate, Compass has grown to $4B+ in revenue within 8 years, and in insurance, Newfront has quickly become the fastest growing commercial brokerage. We believe empowering recruiters, clients, and the candidates on one platform will carry our industry into the future.
In a world where the typical experience of working with a recruiter can often be described as a "necessary evil," our differentiated approach has quickly led to memorable experiences and standout growth. Since launching in June 2020, we’ve quickly become the #2 recruiting firm on G2 Crowd
, have grown 35% month over month to $4+ million in revenue, have a customer base of more than 75 venture-backed companies, a 12-mo LTV over $100k per client, and benefit from a 90% inbound BD pipeline.
We are currently located in the San Francisco Bay Area, New York, Austin, San Diego, Seattle, and Denver and are hiring nationwide and in US-friendly time zones.
Work with experienced founders, seasoned leaders, and exceptional investors at a high-growth startup on the forefront of the recruiting industry
Competitive cash compensation and generous equity in the form of stock grants (as opposed to stock options)100% coverage of medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees
Regular company events (virtual and in-person) including an bi-annual company-wide retreat
Diversity & Inclusion
Candidate Labs is not only committed to building our own diverse and inclusive company, we celebrate individuals of all backgrounds and work to support them in achieving their career ambitions in the broader ecosystem. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all applicants.