Cyber Manatee is a young game development studio from Cologne, Germany. We are focusing on narrative-driven, emotional and ambitious indie games.
Right now, we are working on our first commercial project which is going to be a first-person mystery-thriller set in the German hinterland of the 1980s. Players will find themselves in an abandoned border area surrounded by forests, ruins, bunkers and odd residents to uncover a personal secret that has accompanied them for more than 20 years. On their journey, they will be confronted with supernatural encounters as well as an ancient cult. To solve this mystery, players will have to question their understanding of truth and give it all to make it out alive.
Who are we looking for?
A highly motivated and talented 3D Character Artist to join our team remotely. This person will be realizing the concepted characters in 3D, texturize them, implement them in the game and iterate on the models based on feedback.
- Create realistic & custom game characters from scratch based on Concept Art
- Humanoid (Costumed & Uncostumed)
- Animal (Four legged)
- Sculpting & Modelling of Characters
- Dressing & Clothing of Characters
- Experience with Character Creation Pipeline (Modelling, Sculpting)
- Working with 3D Character Creation Software (e.g. Blender)
- Experience with Unreal Engine Workflows
- A good sense of anatomy, and proportions
- Have a knack for the mystery genre
Bonus / Nice to have:
- Experience or Interest in Epic Games’ MetaHuman
- Located in North-Rhine Westphalia
- A shipped game
- Enjoys working on narrative focused games
- Part-time for 6 months
- You can work fully remotely or come to our shared office in Cologne on 2 days a week.
- Start Date January 2022
Your Opportunity & Benefits:
Becoming a part of a newly established studio is your chance to have a lot of influence on how we do things, make an impact and take responsibility.
- Be part of a young team and its development to shape the product.
- You are in charge of your field of expertise.
- A lot of room to learn and grow.
- You have a real impact on a game in the early stages.
- You don’t have to know it all (but you can make up for it with your drive to find solutions).
- Chance to become an integral part of our team long-term.
- Be labeled a manatee.
Why Cyber Manatee?
You won't just join a team of passionate developers, but a diverse, open-minded group of friends with a broad skill set in a variety of professions and the goal to create amazing experiences. We don't just want to develop “another” game, we are aiming for the special thing that means something to us as creators as well as to the players. Our games address socially relevant topics and offer new perspectives. While making them, we want to learn, work hard, have fun and form relationships that we can build on. If this sounds like a team you’d be interested in working with, we’d be delighted to hear from you.
- [Full name] - [Job you are applying for] in the subject of your email
- Brief cover letter & including earliest start date
- Link to portfolio
- Limit the size of your sent files to 2 MB