To start because we all hate finding the perfect position in the wrong timezone. While this position is remote, we’re looking for someone who will have significant overlap (at least 4 hours) with Central European Time during a typical workday. We’re not hiring from locations that require a graveyard shift to make the overlap happen.
We believe an on-site engagement tool can be effective and personalized without being intrusive. Our software enables 2000+ companies from 40+ countries to build elegant solutions that turn visitors into customers. We’re rapidly growing, and our user-base is expanding internationally—so your product will reach millions. With this growth, we’re looking for a creative and experienced frontend engineer to join our team.
As a frontend engineer, you’ll work on everything from a beautiful UI to server-side applications. You value the craft of writing code but realize the user experience is just as important. You will design and implement features of all sizes, contribute to key architectural decisions, and collaborate to improve the whole team. We need someone who can think deeply about complex problems and work with others to arrive at simple and effective solutions.
You will collaborate with all other departments to ensure our product meets the needs of our users.
We have some unique problems to solve so if you have experience in the following we want to talk to you:
- Flexible yet easy-to-use HTML editor. All our campaigns are built using a visual editor so our customers don’t need to know how to code.
- Pros and Cons of various AWS lambda/serverless application architecture best practices.
In this role you will:
- Use front-end technologies like ES6, HTML, and CSS to build modern, scalable web applications.
- Share what you’ve learned about crafting amazing user experiences with your teammates so we can all grow faster.
- While most of the work will be focused on the frontend you will have opportunities to solve problems across the entire stack so experience with, or desire to use, back-end technologies like C#, Python, SQL hosted in AWS (Server/Serverless/Lambda) is desired.
- Participate in technical architecture discussions from the early exploration of ideas to deciding on a concrete path forward.
- Work with teammates across the company to build a plan and to drive complex features from start to finish.
- Express yourself technically as well as socially in written English. We have multiple nationalities and some are working remotely.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You take pride in the things you build, from the visual polish of the user experience to the reliability of backend services.
- You thrive in an environment that believes prototypes speak louder than detailed specs.
- You have a track record of trying and learning new things.
- You have a point of view but are low ego.
- You can work independently but knows when to ask questions because collaboration leads to better solutions.
Even if you don’t feel you are a perfect fit for everything described, please apply as we are excited to hear from people looking to grow.
Sleeknote is a stable company with a proven and valuable product. We believe an on-site engagement tool can be effective and personalized without being intrusive. Our software enables 2000+ companies from 40+ countries to build elegant solutions that turn visitors into customers.
We have office space in Aarhus, Denmark but many work remotely. Most of the engineering team doesn’t live in Denmark.
How to apply
Please submit an application that speaks directly to this position. Tell us about yourself, about what you can bring to Sleeknote, and about Sleeknote’s role in your future. Tell us about what you’ve done and what excites you. We’ll accept a well-constructed cover letter full of personal touches, and that shows us how much you want this job.
Click the button below and send your application with a cover letter, link to portfolio, and CV.