Cohabs is a fast-growing **co-living startup** with close to 1,000 bedrooms in **Brussels**, **New York**, **Paris**, and **Madrid**. Our purpose is to **shape a better tomorrow** by improving **the way we live today.**
Started just over 5 years ago, we raised over **80Mâ¬** and are now increasing the team to support our growth. Join and help us rethink how people live together by giving our community an environment designed to create memorable moments of life.
# Job description
We are looking for a **product-minded full-stack** **engineer** with a strong focus on the **front-end** to drive the release of new features across our website and internal back-office. Being among the first in the team, you are expected to have an impact from day one.
The ideal candidate is autonomous, driven, and highly excited by the project. We expect a high level of attention to details and implementation on the customer-facing interfaces, internal tooling, even back-end APIs.
- Implement new projects and features (front-end, back-end) from concept to completion
- Troubleshoot and debug existing applications
- Write clean, testable code with unit tests
- Manage cutting-edge technologies to improve our current applications
- Collaborate with back-end developers to integrate user-facing elements with server side logic
- Build and improve code across the entire stack. Quality is not a trade-off.
- Contribute to building our engineering team: participate in technical reviews, architecture, design systems
- **5+ years** of relevant work experience
- Strong experience with **React.js**, **Redux-Saga** and **Node.js**
- Hands-on experience with REST APIs, HTML/CSS, TypeScript and ES6
- Experience with **TDD** and **BDD**
- Some experience with **CI/CD**
- Previous experience at a fast-paced tech startup
- Full working proficiency in English
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field
This is a **fully remote position** with frequent travel to the HQ, located in Brussels. We expect you to be based in **Europe**.