Groundspeed Analytics (“Groundspeed”) is one of the fastest-growing insurtech companies globally. Driven by innovative artificial intelligence (AI) solutions, Groundspeed is disrupting the $300 billion commercial insurance industry. Our clients include top insurance carriers and brokers such as Travelers, Aon, Liberty Mutual, The Hartford, Swiss Re, and others.
The insurance industry sits on massive amounts of unstructured data, and the lack of access and utilization of this data creates a barrier to revenue growth and expense reduction. Groundspeed helps the industry by unlocking the value in their unstructured data. Whether it is automating processes and/or providing insights derived from machine learning, Groundspeed is helping the commercial insurance industry maximize their business opportunities.
Groundspeed is recognized by industry analysts as a leader and was recently named to the 250 Top FinTech startups in 2020 by CB Insights and the Insurtech Hot 100. Headquartered in Ann Arbor, Groundspeed’s team is distributed across more than 10 locations in the US, including San Francisco, Denver, Chicago, and Atlanta.
About the Role
Our ideal candidate is an experienced technologist driven by intellectual curiosity, excited by tough technical challenges, and hungry to have an impact on a growing company that is disrupting the industry. You will closely partner with internal customers to acquire a deep understanding of their needs, translate those needs into scoped problem statements, and translate those into requirements engineers will use to build a solution. Working alongside other product managers and engineering leaders, you have a critical role in ensuring Groundspeed is positioned to support the company’s future growth. This role will report to the Director of Product and depending on your skill and interest, will focus on one or more of the following: human-in-the-loop tooling, the data pipeline platform, workflow automation, or third party integrations.
What You’ll Do
- Own the execution of the near-term roadmap for your product area, including defining the problem, distilling requirements, making tradeoff decisions, and working with engineering to design and deliver the solution
- Collaborate closely with the operations team (your internal customers) to acquire a deep understanding of their needs, which you translate into well-scoped requirements
- Own the backlog for your product area, partnering with engineering teams to breakdown roadmap initiatives into epics and user stories
- Prioritize features and development efforts based on a thorough understanding of customer and business needs, balanced against company strategy
- Advocate and drive alignment between stakeholders in the development of acceptance criteria
- Define and analyze metrics to measure product adoption, success, and efficacy of shipped software
- Understand and leverage the end-state architecture vision to partner with the engineering team to facilitate design decisions for technical problems
- Ensure ongoing product performance as related to overall product quality and achieving company goals
- Understand the competitive landscape to better position Groundspeed and guide future development
- Assist with company-wide go-to-market plans and industry research
What We’re Looking For
- Action-oriented: You are driven to execute and have a thoughtful, structured approach to solving problems, even under the pressure of deadlines and resource constraints
- Communicative: Understanding your audience, you tailor your communication appropriately and have a knack for translating technical concepts to non-technical audiences and vice versa
- High EQ: You have a deep seated empathy that enables you to build relationships across multiple teams in engineering and business functions, and you enjoy talking to these teams every single day
- Focused: You are unafraid to ruthlessly prioritize, make data-driven decisions, and resolve conflict to reach your goals
- Collaborative: You enjoy working with a diverse cross-functional team and rallying them towards a common goal
- Technical depth: You are technically savvy and comfortable with software development concepts. If you don’t know something, you feel comfortable researching it yourself or asking for help
- Intellectually curious: You’re a lifelong learner, honing your craft as product manager and pursuing ongoing professional and personal development
- Entrepreneurial: You thrive in fast-paced environments, are comfortable with ambiguity, and are hungry to learn and execute on the needs of a high-growth startup
- Analytical Rigor: You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related quantitative field
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with agile software development to build enterprise software applications at a SaaS or start-up company
- Experience with user-centric methods such as User Story Mapping, Design Thinking, Lean Startup, Design Sprint, and Usability Testing
- Experience with process automation, workflow automation, system architecture, or integrations
We are Committed to a Diverse Workforce
Groundspeed is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, nativity, neurodiversity, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. For more information about Groundspeed, please visit www.groundspeed.com.
Groundspeed Analytics, Inc. is an E-Verify Employer.
Groundspeed Analytics, Inc. respects the privacy of your data. *If you are a resident of the State of California, please take the time to read our Candidate Privacy Notice, available here.