At RevoU, we are on a mission to transform the state of higher education in Southeast Asia, and together with it, the lives of millions of people.
We are building a more effective alternative to traditional universities and vocational schools, rethinking how education should serve both students and employers’ needs in Indonesia’s booming digital economy.
Working hand in with industry leaders, top companies and learning scientists we develop together the most effective programs to deliver the learning that today’s job market needs. We obsess about our students’ success and are relentlessly driven by unlocking each of our student’s full potential, regardless of their background.
In the short span of two years, we have grown into a 100 strong team and have already helped hundreds of students transform their careers, with thousands more waiting to start their journey with us in the upcoming months.
If you are looking to have a real impact on people’s lives by giving them the education needed to change their professional lives for the better, we might have a role for you!
Based wherever you will want to be (we are a fully distributed company!), you will be working directly with our CEO and Leadership Team to fuel the growth of the company to become an EdTech powerhouse in SEA.
More specifically you will be expected to:
- Fully own the strategy and execution of our Performance Marketing, CRM, Referrals, Event Marketing and CRO functions
- Guide and grow our team of hyper talented functional marketing leads
- Fully own our paid marketing budget, by setting targets and optimise its allocation across channels and initiatives on a recurrent basis
- Build new marketing systems/tools to scale our user acquisition and retention engine, while maintaining executional excellence
- Build our marketing analytics function and drive insights through a scientific lense, based on hard data and customer insights
- Work hand-in-hand with our admissions team to provide them with the optimal amount and quality of leads on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Work closely with our Organic Marketing channels (Content Marketing, Social Media, SEO) to ensure the most synergistic collaboration and the right analytical support to translate long-term branding efforts into short time measurable progress. PS: depending on your experience and seniority, the organic marketing teams could potentially (or over time) report to you
Requirements (aka ‘what you bring to the table’)
What would the best profile look like:
- 6+ years experience in digital marketing: you deeply understand the user journey and how to constantly improve all parts of the funnel to unlock growth. You know about the pros and cons of each channel and you have been doing the job yourself for several years, before getting into your current managerial position.
- Extensive experience in data-driven performance marketing and in particular in: paid aids, budget allocation, marketing automation & analytics. CRM, SEO and Onsite/CRO experience a big plus
- Impressive analytical skills: not the usual “good enough analytical skills”, more like proper Goldman Sachs’ / McKinsey standards of analytical thinking. Bonus points if you your natural numbers-driven approach is combined with a desire to broaden into the creative side of building a long lasting consumer brand
- Highest standards: impeccable attention to details and high standards approach to your work. You can read more here on what we mean by having a culture of high standards. We also embrace the leading by example approach to management and therefore require especially our senior management to keep raising the bar when it comes to output quality and standards
- Highly structured and process driven, with the ability of keeping the big picture in mind: the scope of work will be very broad and you will need to prioritize what is important and optimize for it (80:20 rule).
- Ability to get sh*t done: you will have a team of incredibly talented and hard working doers around you, which you will mainly lead with your big-picture thinking and analytical insights. However, the team is still small (10 FTE), relatively junior and you will need from time time to get your hands dirty and do the work yourself. You will never too senior not to do the work yourself.
- Inspiring leader: you have a proved track record of hiring, growing and retaining high performance teams. You have done that by using a high dose of empathy, candour and team empowerment. As described below in our company principles, we put good management among the most important values of our company.
- Passionate about education and obsessed about seeing our students succeeding: we are building a culture of people obsessively passionate about our mission and the impact we can have on the lives of millions of people. Hiring people with the same degree of genuine drive, makes everything much easier (and more fun)
Our first promise – the ride of a lifetime
You will be joining the company in its most exciting phase, where things will move and change at a crazy pace and where the impact you will have on the overall business trajectory will be huge. You will witness the rapid scaling of our organization from 80 of us (we were only 10 of us just one year ago!!) to hundreds of incredibly talented and diverse people in the months and years to come.
Our company growth will mean much faster career growth than other companies of similar size. Our most talented junior employees who joined us 1 year ago, are for example now in charge of entire teams, working on some of the most exciting strategic and operational topics within the education industry.
The second promise – a good place to work
We are building a company that takes the growth of its employees on the same level as that of its students. It’s our mandate to make every one of our employees perform at the maximum of their capacity so that they can do here, at RevoU, the very best work of their lives. In practical terms:
- we deeply value employee appreciation and we are going the extra mile to make everyone’s work feel appreciated and valuable
- we are creating a culture of transparency and radical, caring feedback. That is, of radical candor, keep a zero-tolerance for bad management, making coaching and mentoring one of our fundamental value, not only towards our students but also towards our employees. For a more in-depth view of the type of organization we are building, you can read some of our Founder’s thoughts on these topics
- this translates into record- high employee satisfaction (our monthly eNPS hovers on the 70-80 range), very low employees turnover and a disproportionate share of new hires coming from our employees referrals
The third promise – you will feel proud about your work
We believe that finding a fulfilling career should be among the most important priorities in one’s life and that today’s job market offers endless opportunities to change the lives of many, for the better. You will play a fundamental role in making this possible.
And nothing will beat the sense of accomplishment once you will see that happening. Especially once you see that happening at scale.
You can see the impact we had on some of our students by reading some of their reviews.
Or read what our COO, who recently joined us had to say, on why he decided to took part in our journey.
These are 3 most important promises we are making to you.
If you are looking for typical ‘startup’ benefits: flexible and remote working environment (fyi – only 50% of our staff live in Jakarta), a very attractive package, premium health insurance, etc => we are offering you all these benefits as well
But don’t join us for these, join us first and foremost for the 3 reasons above.