If you love the idea of working for David instead of Goliath and want to show up to a supportive team and work you’re genuinely excited about day in day out, you’re in the right place.
Do you play for the front of the jersey, not the back? Operate in a bold and unique way and value a culture of trust, transparency, respect, and growth? Then you’re definitely in the right place.
We’re Lemonpie and we’ve been waiting for you.
The mission of the Talent Relations Associate is to support our Talent Relation clients by securing them guest appearances on podcasts while also providing world-class service and ensuring our goals for them are not only met but all of their expectations are exceeded.
Essentially, you’ll act as their Podcast PR rep and it’s your job to help them, and their companies, shine.
This Role in Action
- Pitching – Crafting personal and compelling email, video, and social media pitches to podcast hosts in order to obtain guest appearances for our clients on their show.
- Prospecting – Conducting show research to find the perfect podcasts for each client’s expertise and goals.
- Client reports – Creating custom client reports that recap the work we’ve done together.
- Onboarding material & guidance – Creating custom onboarding material for new clients and guiding them through the onboarding journey.
- Strategy & growth – You’ll monitor results for every client you run point on and ensure their experience with us is ever-evolving to ensure success.
- Collaboration – Working together to refine, define, and implement new ideas via weekly team meetings, Slack and some async jam sessions in GDocs.
Our best asset is, and always will be, our people. We invest in our people from the very beginning and make it our mission to ensure each and every day results in a team that’s happier and more fulfilled than the day before and growing together, even from hundreds of miles apart.
We’re an engaged and collaborative team that may or may not be having a ridiculous amount of fun building this thing.
And since no one wants to work somewhere they don’t love, here are a few indicators you’ll feel right at home here:
- Take pride in creating a killer personalized pitch (this will be the primary function of this role and we’re not the mass email type).
- Think outside of the box. Or more accurately, are unaware a box ever existed and like to create your own. Then you tear it down and build a tower instead.
- Have an almost freakish ability to communicate virtually. Not only by speech but the written word. For real. We mean it. If communication of any kind is something you struggle with, we totally get it (we love our introverted team members!), but you and this role won’t be friends.
- Crave improvement. You’re never good with good enough. You know even the best pitch, process, team can be better and you want to be the person that gets it there.
- Are a team player. If you’re a “that’s not my job” or “I did all of this” person we’re not for you.
- Speak up. You say what you’re thinking and are objective with your feedback.
- Take 100% accountability. For wins and losses.
- Work independently. We pride ourselves on pouring into each and every one of our team members but hand-holders we are not (well…we do hold our husbands/wives/little people’s hands from time to time. We’re not monsters.).
- Go above and beyond – You don’t just simply do the job, you shake the tree of change and use the leaves that fall as means of innovation and creative genius.
- Are a good human. We pride ourselves on being a team comprised of genuinely good human beings (kind, empathetic, transparent, etc.) and will keep it that way.
- Know the devil is in the details. You triple-check emails before hitting send, wouldn’t be caught dead misspelling someones name, and never overlook the small, but crucial things that form great relationships. Mention “pumpkin spice” somewhere in your application to let us know you’re not the skimming type.
- Live in the United States.
- Exist to help businesses grow (and their people shine) through podcast outreach.
- Have been fully remote from the start. Work from your home office, co-working space, or a cornfield in Iowa. If you have internet access we’ll be in business.
- Are a people-first company. Our team is always our #1 priority and not just because it’s good for business (happy people do better work) but because it’s the right thing to do.
- Encourage and prioritize work-life balance. Your little person has t-ball games every Thursday evening you need to tap out early to prep for? Have fun and tell them we say good luck (then share pics in Slack of their cuteness, of course). Your new pup has obedience training every Wednesday afternoon? Go for it and maybe stop off for a nice walk after.
- Do not micromanage. Not even a little. Your work will speak for itself. We’ll never track your time, double-check that you did xyz, or ask why you came in at 8:45 instead of 8:00. You have our full trust from the very beginning.
- Are fun. Like Ron Burgundy on the jazz flute fun.
In addition to the above, 1+ years experience in the following areas is preferred:
- PR and/or marketing
- Creative pitching & outreach strategy
- Client relations & account management
We work really hard to make working at Lemonpie an amazing experience. We have a team full of truly exceptional people – the kind you’ll be excited to work with.
Here’s how we operate:
- Live And Work Where You Want – We’re a distributed team, so you can live and work wherever you want (from your house, favorite coffee shop, co-working space, etc.). For our ideal candidate, proximity won’t influence their productivity because they are internally motivated. Our only requirement is that you have a reliable internet connection and can focus on work during work time!
- Unlimited Paid Vacation – We want you to take vacation. In fact, we have a minimum vacation policy of three weeks per year (not including holidays). It’s important to get out and do something. We’ll look forward to seeing pictures when you get back.
- Flexible Hours – As long as you’re available during core business hours and keeping full-time hours (7am-3pm, 8am-4pm, 10am-6pm, etc.), we’ll work with you to create a schedule that’s optimal for you.
- Monthly Remote Stipend – For some, working remotely means lots of coffee shops, a co-working space, or let’s face it – needing more loungewear. We provide a $100 monthly stipend for whatever you need.
- Personal & Professional Growth – We’re serious about helping you improve your craft. Think conferences, books, dedicated time away from work to learn something new…it’s really up to you, but we love to see our people growing.
Let’s Do This Thing
If this sounds like everything you’ve been waiting for, consider this our formal invitation to apply here.
Note: If we like your application we will ask you to complete a test project free of charge to give us a better idea of how you operate hands-on. The work completed in said test project isn’t used for anything outside of gaining perspective on your work.
Thanks so much for your time – we know you could be on IG right now, but chose to be here with us instead and we’ll never forget that.