Here at Lenovo, we believe in smarter technology for all, so we spend our time building a society that’s brighter and more inclusive.
And we go big. No, not big—huge.
We’re not just a Fortune Global 500 company, we’re one of Fortune’s Most Admired. We’re in 180 markets, working with 63,000 brilliant colleagues and counting. And we’re known for the world’s most complete portfolio of smart technology, from devices to software to infrastructure.
With our ingenuity, we help millions—not just the select few—experience our version of a smarter future.
The one thing that’s missing? Well… you…
Lenovo is seeking a Senior User Experience (UX) Designer.
User experience is at the core of everything we do. In this role, you will apply User Centered Design principles to take on complex tasks to assess, form requirements, and develop product experiences that promote good, inclusive design and an industry-leading user experience for Lenovo products and solutions.
To achieve these goals, you will collaborate closely with User Experience Designers, User Researchers, Product Developers, Product Managers, Software Engineers, and Executives throughout the design process. You’ll be an advocate for your users and ensure our products surpass their expectations.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Utilize ideation and storytelling skills to effectively communicate design ideas.
- Design across various software products and platforms (PC, mobile, web, Android, iOS, etc.).
- Create low and high-fidelity wireframes, user flows, and functional prototypes and help drive information architecture, customer journey maps, and other design methodologies.
- Support usability studies on prototypes and existing designs during various phases of concept and product development. Translate study results into actionable design recommendations and product requirements.
- Plan and execute iterative user research including but not limited to competitive assessments, benchmarking, customer interviews, concept testing, usability testing, and heuristic evaluations.
- Educate others outside the User Experience team on UX design methodologies and advocate the benefits of good UX design.
- Work collaboratively with cross functional project team members and business peers to propose the best experience for the end user.
- Deliver and maintain design specifications, pattern libraries, and other design documents that will be used as guidance for cross-functional team members.
- Establish a technical vitality plan to remain current in fields of user experience, interaction design, visual design, and product design.
- Communicate effectively in both written and verbal forms with colleagues, management, and external parties both in the U.S. and other countries.
- Bachelor’s degree in user experience, interaction design, visual design or equivalent.
- 8+ years of professional experience in user experience (UX), user interface design (UI), interaction design, information architecture, design, or a related field.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating breadth and depth in UX, UI, interaction design, visual design, conceptual thinking, and creative problem solving.
- Ability to clearly explain analytic findings in an understandable and impactful way.
- Detail oriented with the ability to be pragmatic and keep the ‘big picture’ in mind.
- Be able to work independently as well as take direction and work within established strategic and business guidelines.
- Passionate advocate for the customer and inclusivity.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and international multidisciplinary team environment.
- Expert in design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, Figma, Axure, etc.
- Proactive self-starter, strong team collaborator, and outcome-oriented.
- Language proficiency: Excellent written and verbal English.
- Master’s degree and 10+ yrs experience working on UX related projects.
- Proficiency with Adobe XD.
- Experience working for a consumer electronics or software company.
- Experience working in a global company.
- Demonstrated ability to influence leaders and facilitate alignment and clear decision-making.
** We are open to this role being fully remote with preference to East Coast or Central US**
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any federal, state, or local protected class.