We are the world’s learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment,powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
The Senior Software Developer (Ruby on Rails) will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Write software code that complies with design specifications and meets security and Ruby on Rails best practices that will meet development and support requirements.
- Create design components, develop code and test changes utilizing test driven development.
- Write automated test cases to test code
- Use a variety of tools to perform unit testing, regression testing, automated builds, and source control.
- Develop close working relationships with members of teams within the organization.
- Design and develop new systems as well as enhancements and fixing defects to existing software.
- Interface with other groups to develop and implement solutions.
- Support and maintain web based applications critical to the day-to-day functions of business units.
- Participate in the development and implementation phases of projects to integrate appropriate applications.
- Perform code review with team members.
- Review implementation plans and participate and even be able to manage product installations
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Solid knowledge of object-oriented programming and design
- 3 years of professional engineering/development experience
- Professional RoR background
- MySQL expertise
- Full-stack / Fullstack background
- Familiarity with various testing tools and ability to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Good problem-solving skills
The anticipated starting salary range for Colorado-based individuals expressing interest in this position is $90-120K. This position is eligible to participate in an annual incentive program.
Benefits available to eligible employees can be seen at: https://pearsonbenefitsus.com/