The availability of public data is growing at exponential rates, creating unprecedented opportunities for data analytics and information arbitrage. The Vertical Knowledge end-to-end Robotic Process Automation (RPA) platform provides our public and private sector customers with a significant competitive advantage, transforming the way they identify, collect, and leverage Publicly Available Information (PAI) to solve their most challenging problems. We enable our clients to access and understand information that is publicly available but very challenging to discover, capture, and curate. Our clients demand excellence, innovation, and trust in our proprietary technology and methodologies to deliver them world-class data solutions for actionable insight.
Since day one, our Software Engineers have helped tackle the complex and interesting challenge of discovering value hidden in the world’s data. We are pushing the technical envelope to solve these problems, and in the process, are helping to redefine how our clients leverage data. As the world of data continues to grow exponentially, the issues they address will only increase in difficulty, scale and excitement. In order to meet these challenges, we’ve built a data collection platform that allows us to ingest terabytes of data per day. Your work will draw on your expertise with pretty much everything driving the modern internet today.
Problems at our level of complexity require you to possess a passion for learning as well as deep understanding across a wide array of technical competencies. While we face large-scale problems, we hire only the best to take them on. This enables us to keep your team size small and your individual impact significant.
Our Data Collections Team is continually challenged with overcoming the many obstacles to scraping and collecting PAI from some of the Internet’s most complex sites and platforms. As the world of data continues to grow exponentially, the issues we address will only increase in difficulty, scale, and value.
In this position, you will play a key technical role in our Data Collections Team and will have the opportunity to work on some of our more daunting tasks. You’ll need to put yourself in the shoes of a developer, envision the approach and process, reverse engineer how it functions, and figuring out paths around the obstacles that opposing developers have set up.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Strong computer science background, with a solid understanding of data structures and algorithms (Computer Science degree preferred)
- Highly results-oriented with a passion for innovating and delivering effective solutions to formidable technical challenges
- Unquenchable thirst to learn new technologies
- Knowledge of data mining is a plus
- Unwavering integrity and ethics
- You care more about the tactical approach to a problem and pay close attention to the details. Once someone gives you a puzzle, you can’t stop until it’s solved.
- You are analytical, an excellent debugger and problem solver. The knowledge and understanding of how things work is what drives you
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Top Secret Clearance / US Citizen
- This position can be fully remote in the US or local to our office in Northeast Ohio with WFH flexibility
COMPETITIVE BENEFITS & SALARY
- Company paid premiums for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Employer Health Savings Account (HSA) contributions
- 401(k) retirement plan with financial planning
- Unlimited vacation days
- Flexible work schedules
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages (HQ only)
- A casual work environment and dog friendly office (HQ only)
Vertical Knowledge LLC is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. VK is committed to the policy of an equal employment opportunity in recruitment, hiring, career advancement, and all other personnel practices. VK will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, disability, past or current military service, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Reasonable Accommodations for Applying
Applicants who qualify under the Americans with Disabilities Act, as Amended, may be eligible for a reasonable accommodation in Vertical Knowledge LLC application and selection processes. If you require an accommodation in applying through our online system, please send an email to [email protected] Please note that this email address is not to be used for checking on the status of an application.