We’re a tight-knit team that helps the world empower our customers to curate best-of-class email communication. Over the last 10+ years, we’ve built a reputation as one of the most trusted brands and thought-leaders in the industry—and it shines through to our customers. But don’t take our word for it, check out more about us here.
Quality communication is imperative; we value this in both our personal and work lives here at Litmus. Our email creation, testing, and analytics platform empowers marketers, designers, and agencies to confidently deliver quality, brand-aligned communications that delight our customers.
We work alongside some of the smartest people in our industry. We’re the change-agent for the most creative and supportive customers around. Litmus is championed by major global brands, including 9 of the Top 10 technology companies, 9 of the Top 10 U.S. banks, 10 of the Top 10 retailers, 9 of the Top 10 e-commerce brands, and 80% of the Fortune 100: How do we do this? We seek talent that is not a “culture fit,” rather a culture add.
What would I do at Litmus?
We are seeking a high-integrity accounting professional to join our finance team. As our Senior Accountant, you will play an active role in bringing new processes and systems online in collaboration with the finance and operating teams. You’ll complete semi-monthly payroll, commission pay plans, contribute to our month-end close process, and collaborate cross-functionally—both inside and outside of the company.
- Prepare account reconciliations and journal entries, contribute to month-end close activities including BS recs, P&L audit, etc.
- Own CaptivateIQ (Commission Software) from top to bottom: Create new comp plans, ensure accuracy of commission calculations, record commission expenses in accordance with ASC 606 requirements
- Prepare Semi-Monthly multi-state US Payroll (150+ plus employees)
- Partner with People Operations to prepare and execute all commission plans in accordance with company practices
- Support stock option grants workflows, exercises, reporting, and related journal entries
- Collaborate on internal and external audits
- Perform ad-hoc projects e.g., process improvement, technology implementation/optimization, etc.
What is Litmus looking for in a candidate?
- 3 plus years of experience as an Accountant, Staff Accountant, or similar
- Prior startup/high-growth company experience, ideally in tech/SaaS
- Strong GAAP acumen, including experience with recurring revenue models (ASC 606)
- Enterprise-level accounting systems, Intacct or similar (e.g., Netsuite, SAP, etc.)
- Compensation/Commissions software exp: CaptivateIQ or a similar (e.g., Xactly, etc.)
- An excellent communicator, you have strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Enviable time management skills, you think critically—balancing the details while considering the big picture
- You enjoy learning new technologies and see their value for creating efficiencies in the business
- Collaborative; you’re able to work within deadlines + sense of urgency
- You exhibit integrity and sound judgment
- Payroll processing experience a plus
- International experience is a nice-to-have but not required
Why should I choose Litmus?
- We offer everything you’d expect from a profitable company that’s been going strong for 10+ years, including a great salary and stock options, comprehensive health care benefits, and a generous retirement plan match
- You’ll receive 28 days of paid vacation—on top of team retreats and public holidays
- A platform for good: Affinity Groups, a culture of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, and volunteer days—creating belonging for all is in our DNA both inside and outside of work #bebeyondlitmus
- Remote-friendly culture. No matter where you are, you’ll feel connected to the team
- Over half of our employees work remotely in the U.S. and UK and your work experience is just as exciting, entertaining (!), and engaging
- We take family seriously and offer flexible schedules and generous parental leave programs
- We give you the best tools and tech money can buy. Top-of-the-line hardware, software, home- and office setups—whatever you need to do your best work
Not sure if you meet all the requirements? Please apply! We know there is no job description that can measure a person’s attitude, aptitude, or amplitude (the ability to turn it up a notch) and highly encourage you to apply.
It’s the company you keep. The people at Litmus are truly amazing—celebrating what makes each individual unique. With outstanding profitable growth and the trust of more than 700,000 marketers, you know you’re part of a winning team.
Litmus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.