Eight Sleep is the first sleep fitness company. At Eight Sleep we design products at the forefront of sleep innovation. Our mission is to make people’s sleep count for more, using innovative technology, detailed design, and proven science and data to personalize and improve each night for everybody—changing the way people sleep forever and for better.
We’ve just launched our temperature-regulated smart bed, the Pod. It’s an absolute game changer, improving people’s health and happiness by changing the way they sleep. Early feedback is great, but we still have a long way to go toward achieving our mission. Backed by leading Silicon Valley investors including Valor Equity Partners ,Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures and Y Combinator, we’ve raised over $150 million (Series C) to date. We were recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Consumer Electronics in 2018.
We’re looking for a talented Mobile Product Manager to join our expanding team and help us build the future of sleep. If you are looking to make an impact on human health and performance by building unique digital experiences that measurably improve the quality of people’s sleep, this is the right opportunity for you. You’ll report directly to our Director of Product and work remotely.
How you’ll contribute:
First and foremost, we are a mission-driven company, so a passion for what we do and our mission is key. At a high level, the role encompasses two areas:
Understand, educate, and convert visitors to our website + support them all the way through the delivery experience.
- Understand our users and their needs using tools ranging from live interviews to surveys and behavioral analytics.
- Deliver a highly engaging and polished mobile experience that exceeds user expectations.
- Develop revolutionary features that pair our cutting-edge hardware with personalized software experiences like Smart Temp Autopilot.
Ship quickly and at a high level of quality
- Scope, prioritize, and coordinate projects, deadlines, and team resources to advance the performance of our mobile app.
- Work with designers and developers to translate high level strategy into detailed technical requirements and high fidelity prototypes.
- Work closely with the development team to ship quickly while meeting a high quality bar.
- Work closely with members of the Growth and Brand team to support various product launches through our app.
Measure results and iterate
- Run experiments to understand how to best serve our users and reach KPIs around metrics like engagement and overall satisfaction.
- Iterate on the core product experience by balancing quantitative metrics with qualitative survey data.
What you need to succeed:
- A solid understanding of modern mobile technologies.
- Strong understanding of (or interest in) the sleep optimization space or related areas like connected fitness.
- Intuitive understanding of how to manipulate, analyze and interpret highly complex data; ability to synthesize vast amounts of user data into a coherent understanding of needs and motivations
- Desire to make a significant impact as part of a rapidly growing, dynamic team
- Dynamic, creative problem solver who loves facing new challenges
- Solid knowledge of mobile analytics tools and research methods (e.g. Amplitude, Embrace, UserTesting, etc.)
- You enjoy working remotely.
- You are excited about the opportunity to build a fast-growing brand into an iconic company.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with React Native
- Experience managing a team of developers and designers.
- Knowledge of design programs (Figma, Sketch, Photoshop)
- An understanding of ML and how it fits into consumer products
- A background in computer science, mathematics or statistics
Why you’ll love Eight Sleep:
- We’re a tight-knit, passionate team that’s working to impact people’s lives by improving the way they sleep
- Work alongside an award-winning team of marketers, creatives and engineers from diverse backgrounds
- Opportunity to play a defining role in the future of Eight Sleep and the sleep fitness category
- Leadership is committed to employees’ wellness and career development
- You’ll get a better night sleep every night; all full-time employees receive the Pod
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% employer contribution for medical/dental/vision insurance
- Fully distributed workforce
- Role ownership, and uncapped growth opportunities
At Eight Sleep we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our values by ensuring everyone feels they can flourish and grow. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.