HappyCo builds mobile and cloud solutions to enable real-time property data. Its Happy Property flagship product suite has 2.3M units on its platform and has captured more than 239 million photos. The company was founded in 2011 and is privately held with employees located throughout North America and Australia.
We’re everyday people with a shared purpose — improving people’s lives. Our team is made up of thinkers, talkers, planners, makers, builders and everything in between. Together, we’re turning our passions into happier communities.
When customers use our software, their communities get stronger. Our tools empower everyone in multifamily property management to improve their operations and maximize returns, which means they’re building better experiences for their residents. When property people are happy, we’re happy. That’s why we’re HappyCo.
We’re looking for an experienced Manager of Customer Success to join our team.
At HappyCo the Customer Success team manages the critical role of building and protecting relationships with our customers and communicating with internal teams on their behalf. The CSM team is responsible for delivering an exceptional customer experience to existing HappyCo customers (focusing on a named portfolio of customers, but assisting with all customers as needed). Working as a CSM includes collaborating with Sales, Professional Services, Finance, Marketing, Operations, and Product teams by systematically providing details and feedback to our internal teams and keeping systems up to date with relevant information. It requires project and relationship management skills to effectively and efficiently establish and maintain a consistent meeting cadence for customers, roll out complex solutions with Pro Services, track and contribute to resolution on support requests, and develop relationships with a broad range of customer personas. The CSM team acts as customer advocates within HappyCo, championing customer requirements by delivering critical product feedback to our Product team, and applying product knowledge to best support and educate customers on achieving their success criteria with our platform. The primary goals of the CSM team are to protect revenue streams, identify expansion and engagement opportunities, and work to reduce risks identified with customers.
The Manager of the CSM team will be responsible for recruitment, training team members, understanding and refining customer health metrics, continually identifying opportunities for customer engagement and expansion, as well as embracing and promoting adoption of internal systems that support customer success. The role will also require a focus on documentation and exceptional communication skills, including development of and continuous refinement to how the team conducts quarterly business reviews and other critical lifecycle programs.
The proportion of time spent managing CSMs compared to managing a customer portfolio will depend on the size of the team and customer base.
Core Responsibilities/Job Duties:
- Train new team members and provide guidance for CS best practices, as well as educate cross functional teams on customer needs, expectations and barriers to success.
- Proactively work with cross functional teams to develop strong relationships internally that facilitate a better understanding of customer experiences and customer friction points.
- Develop proposals on systems and tooling to improve team maturity and structure from beta models to measure CSM performance to streamlining project management (e.g. Jira boards, Google Sheets) to improving documentation standards across internal systems (e.g. Hub).
- Champion the development of CS documentation to support CSM internal training, companywide education, and assist with identifying gaps in documentation for onboarding new team members.
- Drive customers to participate in CSAT and NPS surveys after key journey milestones to ensure we are monitoring customer satisfaction and support.
- Assist with Recruitment and Onboarding as the CSM team grows.
- Oversee performance evaluations and regular feedback discussions with team members.
- Develop new frameworks and programs to add value to the customer journey and support the CSM team function (e.g. Cancellation framework, Red Risk Meeting, Renewal Processes and Quarterly Business Review).
- Assist marketing and CS efforts by presenting in webinars, conferences, and other customer and prospect events.
- Provide assistance and support to the rest of the CS team as needed.
Responsibilities/Job Duties of any CSM team member with a customer portfolio:
- Conduct customer meetings to review progress on joint initiatives, make strategic and tactical recommendations, provide updates on upcoming events and feature releases, monitor for risk indicators, and identify opportunities to increase value.
- Ensure customer expectations are set appropriately and achieved; and product engagement and customer satisfaction at every level of the organization — site level staff, regional management and corporate teams — are maintained throughout a customer’s lifecycle.
- Ensure continued engagement with our customer’s senior staff (those responsible for evaluating technology purchases) to increase the influence we have at the highest level of their organization.
- Leverage relationships with decision makers to ensure we stay aware of potential customer concerns, technology initiatives, pain points, and initiatives evaluating alternative solutions.
- Develop presentations for each stage in the customer lifecycle as well as recurring meetings for established customers (such as post launch review, quarterly business reviews, monthly status updates) and deliver presentations to customers to prove value and engage stakeholders.
- Develop and drive programs to promote product engagement at the site, regional and corporate levels; collaborate with marketing on executing engagement programs including virtual product events, user conferences, product webinars, social, direct marketing and rewards programs.
- Monitor accounts to ensure adoption and continued engagement, evaluate customer success program efficacy, and action any followup requirements based on analysis.
- Review key takeaways from customer presentations and programs. Distill findings into themes and propose solutions to Product, Engineering, Operations, Revenue, and CX team members to solve broader problems facing customers, and influence where teams focus on improvements.
- Ensure data accuracy and comprehensiveness to support account management functions.
- Collaborate on the development and execution of programs for customer outreach in the SMB segment to protect revenue and promote upsell opportunities.
Account expansion and renewal:
- Promote expansion where appropriate in existing accounts, identifying opportunities for the cross sell of HappyCo products, communicating those opportunities to our sales team, and documenting all identified opportunities in internal systems.
- Own the renewal process for customers in the portfolio; coordinate with the Sales, Finance and Operations teams to ensure processes and tooling will accommodate and support all stakeholders.
- Engage with customers to review contract concerns and propose alternative solutions for cancellations when appropriate.
Customer Data Analysis & Reporting
- Develop and refine health metrics to monitor customer adoption, success, and identify pain points. Work with the Product team and Operations team to continually optimize how these metrics are calculated and work to expand metrics to monitor all areas of HappyCo Products and Services.
- Provide metrics and data to customers relevant to supporting account growth (eg: preparing documentation for reviews, account audits, Insights reports, health metrics, CSAT, NPS, consolidated customer support data).
- Identify customers with non-optimal usage, document, suggest and implement corrective action via retraining, reporting, dashboard management, realigning, etc.
- Product Feedback and Engagement
- Collect and share customer feedback on product features and gaps in established channels.
- Collaborate with the product team and cross functional stakeholders to advise on and evaluate new features and releases.
- Deliver notes and data on friction points impacting internal teams to facilitate the development of new tools and processes to improve CSM efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensure customers and partners who contact us by approved channels are efficiently escorted through the relevant support channels and where possible resolve their queries, or escalate to the appropriate area for resolution, always ensuring a positive customer interaction.
- Identify opportunities to deliver Insights solutions to meet customer business needs; manage the delivery of new Insights solutions by collaborating with Pro Services; and provide product and configuration feedback to Product and Pro Services teams to apply these insights more broadly across customer accounts to establish new standard dashboards.
- Monitor Jira and other relevant systems to ensure a smooth process for resolving outstanding tickets.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- 6+ years of relevant Customer Success experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent practical experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Ability to prioritize open tasks with complex requirements and escalate critical issues
- Strong change management experience with enterprise companies
- Very organized and motivated to improve processes and systems
- Self starter who can excel under pressure
- Strong negotiation skills, confidence with financial conversations and dealing with cancellations
- Strong familiarity and skills with business software applications: e.g. Salesforce, Jira, Microsoft Office, Google Suites
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- Property Management/Multifamily experience a plus
- Industry Certifications a plus
Working at HappyCo:
HappyCo strives to build better communities. So naturally, we are dedicated to making our own community an enjoyable place that lets us do our best work. We’re devoted to building an inclusive, supportive culture that empowers each HappyCo’er to succeed and grow. To learn more about our culture, check out our Glassdoor page!
Also some of the added benefits you’ll experience while working at HappyCo are:
++ Work from anywhere!
++ Opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing technology companies in the PropTech industry
++ Generous paid parental leave
++ Unlimited time off
++ Monthly stipends to support Wellness and Home Office expenses
HappyCo is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
A note to Recruitment Agencies: Please don’t reach out to us about our roles — we’ve got it covered. We don’t accept unsolicited agency resumes and HappyCo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.