Headquarters: Santa Barbara, CA
About the Engineering Team:
You'll join a team where everyone, including you, is striving to constantly improve their knowledge of software development tools and practices. You will report to the Manager, Software Engineering. We are a supportive team who swarms when problems arise and gives great feedback to help each other grow. Working on our close-knit, cross-functional teams is a great chance to share and grow your knowledge of different domains from databases to front ends to telephony and everything in between.
We are passionate about many things: continuous improvement, working at a brisk but sustainable pace, writing resilient code, maintaining production reliability, paying down technical debt, hiring fantastic teammates; and we love to share these passions with each other.
Learn more about the Invoca development team on our blog at blog
and check out our open source projects at open source projects
About the Role:
Invoca offers a unique opportunity to contribute to our production SaaS platform and cloud infrastructure. You will work with a team who is as committed to building great teams as they are to building great products. You will participate in the technical leadership of a team that is directly responsible for the roadmap, development and maintenance of several Invoca services while upholding high standards through modern agile methodologies: test-driven development, continuous deployment, and DevOps.
- Work on a team (and occasionally cross team) to implement solutions to challenging problems, including:
- Machine learning
- Scalable and reliable SOA web applications
- Responsive user interfaces
- High performance REST and GraphQL APIs
- Large-scale data warehouses
- Scalable and reliable VoIP telephony
- Provide technical mentorship, code reviews, and technical project leadership for your team
- Identify and drive the adoption of new technologies, best practices, and design patterns in your team
- Use metrics and your team's collective experience to drive development decisions
- Share your passion for learning about technical topics with your team and peers
- 7+ years of Software Development experience in a SaaS environment
- Some experience leading technical projects and prioritization with a customer-focused mindset
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers
- Advanced knowledge of Object Oriented Programming, Test Driven Development, Distributed Systems, and MVC design
- Some experience building SaaS applications and working with Product Management in a continuous deployment environment
- A desire to create elegant, scalable, and maintainable tools and solutions
Salary, Benefits and Perks:
Teammates are eligible to begin receiving benefits on the first day of the month following or coinciding with one month of continuous employment. Below are some of our offerings:
Paid Time Off - Invoca encourages a work-life balance for our employees. We have an outstanding PTO policy, starting at 20 days off, for all full-time employees. We also offer 13 paid holidays, 5 days sick time, 3 days volunteer time and more.
Healthcare - Invoca offers a health care program that includes medical, dental and vision coverage. There are multiple plan options to choose from so you can make the best choice for yourself, partner and family.
Retirement - Invoca offers a 401(k) plan through Fidelity with a company match of up to 4%.
Stock options - All employees are invited to ownership in Invoca through stock options.
Employee Assistance Program - Invoca offers well-being support on issues ranging from personal matters to everyday life topics through the WorkLifeMatters program.
Paid Family Leave - Invoca offers up to six weeks 100% paid leave for baby bonding, adoption, and caring for family members
Paid Medical Leave - Invoca offers up to twelve weeks 100% paid leave for childbirth and medical need
Sabbatical - We thank our long-term team members with an additional week of PTO along with a bonus after 7 years of service.
Wellness Subsidy - In further support of your well-being, Invoca provides a wellness subsidy that can be applied to a gym membership, fitness classes and more.
Position Base Range - $137,000-$173,500/year, plus bonus potential.
"Our company is committed to creating a culture that is not only grounded in continuous learning, teamwork, and customer success, but is fair, equitable, and welcoming for everyone." - Gregg Johnson, CEO
And to us, diversity, equity and inclusion means more than treating current employees well and making them feel welcome. It also means hiring people who bring different insights because of their unique demographics, ways of thinking, and prior experiences.
We intend to continue hiring great people and protecting our culture so everyone can be themselves and speak their minds. That way Invoca will always be a place filled with laughter, positivity, thoughtfulness and respect.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/invoca-staff-software-engineer-ruby-on-rails?via=REMOTEful