Headquarters: Toronto, Ontario
Technical Conference Content Manager
(must reside in Europe, Africa or South-America in timezones between GMT-3 and GMT+2)
C4Media, Inc. is seeking a full-time Technical Conference Content Manager to join our global remote-first team spearheading effort for content acquisition, speaker community engagement, and conference product improvements, including program committee work, speaker interviews, attendee experience improvements and more!
Program committee work, speaker community engagement, content acquisition
Speaker interviews, rehearsals, training management
As a global company with HQ in Canada, C4Media has been creating & hosting conferences for the last 15 years.
With annual in-person conferences in London, New York and San Francisco and online, QCon and InfoQ help top dev teams adopt new technologies & practices by bringing together leading-edge software developers to share their insights through presentations, peer-sharing and workshops https://qconferences.com/
We are a 100% remote, privately-owned & profitable company with diverse staff from 12 countries. Our culture is highly-rated and our team is professional, engaged, accountable and connected. We are passionate about making working remotely successful!
Speaking-by-invite-only creates a conference composed of a highly desirable group of speakers who are leaders & practitioners in their field and a selective group of attendees who work for leading engineering departments in the world (including Google, Facebook, Apple, Linkedin, etc.)
Scroll further down the page to read more about our team.
- Manage the conference programming committee process.
- Engage the speaker community.
- Conduct content acquisition through contributing experts.
- Spearhead conference product improvements.
- Be on stage and support morning introductions.
- Support marketing with ad copy.
- Opportunities to travel the world (San Francisco, New York, London and more).
- Working with a diverse international team with great culture.
- Being part of a team that didn’t discover remote work the last few months, but has been fully remote since 2016.
- Collaborating with some of the world’s most brilliant software engineers.
- Put together the world’s best software development conference for senior software engineers, architects and team leaders.
- Be exposed to the most innovative trends on software development.
- A competitive salary package.
- Training and education budget for your professional growth.
Must reside in Europe, Africa or South-America in timezones between GMT-3 and GMT+2. Our team is fully-remote, but outside of those timezones communication between team members is challenging.
- Proficiency in remote work best practices and platforms (Slack, Google Drive, etc).
- Affinity to & passion for software & technology. Actively follows trends in software development.
- Passion for collaborating with people, managing volunteers, and achieving great results through others.
- A mindset for continuously improving products and processes.
- Experience in Agile methodologies is beneficial.
- Strong writing skills. Being a great communicator over text.
- Timeline management skills.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Fluent in written & spoken English.
- Access to reliable high-speed internet, webcam and home office.
- Able to work as a contractor.
- Able to work in overlap with our core global office hours (9 am - 1 pm EST).
Our team currently is not doing any travelling for safety reasons, but when the situation with the pandemic improves, the following would be required:
- Valid passport & ability to travel internationally (incl. USA, UK).
- Ability to attend international events 3-5 times per year for up to 8 days each.
Necessary work habits
- Creative & curious
- Work effectively under pressure & demonstrate problem-solving skills
- Ability to focus on results
- Ability to maintain composure and professionalism during stressful situations
- Strong attention to detail
- Open to change and process / product improvements
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong time management skills & accountability to timelines
- Polished & professional
- Strong communicator
- Ability to work well in a team environment with collaborative decision-making as well as independently, with minimal supervision
- Enjoys working with an international, diverse team
- Exceptional personal initiative and desire to drive continuous improvement
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity at all times
- Superior customer service skills required
- Daily Zoom calls with team
- Shared GoogleDocs for transparency
- Team collaboration tools (Slack)
- Aligned with our Core Values - Transparency, Accountability, Service, Continuous Improvement, and Integrity.
Application Closing Date: September 10, 2021
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/c4media-conference-product-manager?via=REMOTEful