WE EXPECT YOU TO WIN:
Everyone at Metova is given the tools and resources they need to succeed at their job. We offer a flexible and positive work environment so you have the autonomy to build amazing software for our customers and add to our team of industry leading visionaries. You will build a compelling and easy to use interface, ensure its maintainability and ease of use, and suggest ways to improve the look and feel of the application. We are lean, which means we reflect on what we learn and use that new knowledge to quickly make better products. Your job is to keep learning, contribute your knowledge back to the rest of the team, and apply what you learn to make Metova and our clients even greater.YOUR OPPORTUNITY:
Metova's engineering team is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join our growing team.
You are highly motivated, collaborative, and technical, with the passion to help shape the delivery of software products for our customers. You are passionate about software development and interested in helping to support the future of our development team(s).WHAT YOU WILL DO:
We expect a lot of our engineers. We’ve been able to build an exceptional team that cares about their work and each other. We are incredibly proud of our team. We are also fortunate to have the opportunity to build products, platforms, and features that empower our customers. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Use Ruby and Rails to design new features, products and platforms
- Work with a SCRUM team with other backend engineers and front-end (Vue.js) engineers, QA/Test, and DevOps engineers
- Discuss the best architecture for a feature and dive deep into Design Patterns
- Work with and assist other engineers to think through architectural decisions
- Write clear documentation with the help of Product and Tech Ops
- Use good coding standards (best framework and language idioms)
- Work closely with Product Managers and Engineering leaders (CTO & VPs)
Your past experience includes:
- Experience as a software engineer involving feature and/or platform architecture, writing code, and writing tests for your code
- 10+ years of experience with a focus on backend
- Strong experience in a top-level database system (ideally Postgres, but others work also)
- Working closely with other software engineers to accomplish larger objectives
An aptitude for challenge & a track record of success:
- You have completed a four-year college degree ideally in Computer Science or similar (or without a technical degree, you have experience building successful products and platforms for 5+ years)
- You have an impressive track record in your academic and work history
- You have been involved in decision making, architecting, or delivering robust backend features
An ability to manage your day and be effective & efficient:
- You have managed your own workflow and schedule
- You do not need someone to guide your day or tell you what to do next
Strong communication skills:
- You enjoy and have experience presenting or communicating in a professional environment
- You know how to communicate your ideas
- You want to learn from and listen to the ideas of other engineers
Founded in 2006, Metova has a long history of providing cutting edge technology solutions to clients across a variety of industries. Today, Metova specializes in software and application development for web based solutions, iOS, and Android. Working at Metova allows you to not only provide your strategic and technical expertise to others, but also continued personal development through internal career development curriculum, cross-training programs with fellow employees, and challenging projects solving real-world issues. We are a growing company looking for thought leaders who want to revolutionize industries to join our team.
We offer a work environment that also works for you through remote teams, flexible schedules, open PTO policy, and a flat organization that embraces the diverse backgrounds and skill sets across our teams to continue to drive Metova forward on our path to success. We offer a competitive salary, dental, vision, and health plans, and a matching 401(k) program.
Metova, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.