What You’ll Do:
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop new features and enhance and support existing applications and programs
- Work with business systems analysts and stakeholders to translate business to technical requirements and problem solve
- Collaborate with project teams and cross functional teams to troubleshoot open issues and bug-fixes
- Collaborate, coach and mentor team members on best practices, code reviews, internal tools, and process improvements.
- Write and maintain readable, sustainable, and efficient code in highly optimized and scalable architectures
- Own applications from conception and design, to implementation and support
- Debug and test code as needed
- Create and update advanced technical documentation
Skills and Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 4+ years of software development experience
- Strong knowledge of software engineering best practices of the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control, testing, build and release engineering processes with focus on automation and end to end traceability.
- Working understanding of databases including writing and amending queries in Oracle, SQL, PostgreSQL and/or NoSQL.
- Experience working in DevOps including continuous integration and continuous deployment using open source technologies like GIT, Jenkins, JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience in effectively communicating with a broad base of end users and multiple management layers, including the ability to interact with vendors as needed
- Ability to work flexible schedule including nights/weekends
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Ability to articulate advanced technical concepts and teach others
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum methodology