Flashpoint delivers actionable intelligence that empowers organizations of all sizes to take rapid, decisive actions to protect against threats. The company's technology, advanced data collections, and human-powered analysis uniquely enable teams to mitigate threats related to cybersecurity, fraud, insider threats, corporate and physical security, executive protection, and third-party risk. For more information, visit https://www.flashpoint-intel.com/ or follow us on Twitter at @FlashpointIntel.
About the team:
Flashpoint Compromised Credentials Monitoring (CCM) allows users to monitor exposure of compromised credentials for their enterprise domains and customer email addresses to take action after breaches to mitigate risk of account takeover (ATO). Flashpoint’s advanced technology quickly collects and processes data and credentials, allowing for organizations to access the most up-to-date breach data and receive notification as soon as credentials have been identified.
What we look for:
Our best engineers are collaborative and selfless. They enjoy writing code but they prioritize mentoring and supporting others. They leave code cleaner than when they found it but don’t insist on particular patterns. They optimize for simplicity and readability. They are involved in the full lifecycle of software development: understanding the requirements, designing the solution, writing the code, testing the code, testing the integration, deploying it to production, and monitoring the deployment. They are fully engaged in the problem domain.
What you will do:
- Work with Product Management and other engineers to design, develop, test, release and iterate on new customer facing features and products.
- Nurture, refactor, and expand our systems to handle new, varied data models, while maintaining sensible code abstractions and improving the efficiency of our operations
- Work with analysts to identify important trends from the threat landscape
- Drive down total time taken for processing (code optimization and refactoring), deployment (smoother CI/CD pipelines), and other SLAs (delivery to clients via our infrastructure)
- Improve our tooling for monitoring the health and efficiency of our systems
- Write empathetic documentation and run-books to enable your team to be force multipliers for each other
- Help bring in new technologies and develop innovative approaches to the data challenges we face
- Apply your honesty, strong sense of morals and ethics, and sense of responsibility towards making Flashpoint and those around you smarter, stronger, and kinder
What you will bring:
- 5+ years experience leading development of production systems or other relevant experience
- Proficiency in Python
- Proficiency in CI/CD
- Enjoyment for working in a close-knit, highly communicative and collaborative team
- A coding personality that excels at debugging and applying glue in engineering gaps
Technologies you will work with:
The core responsibility of an engineer on the Account Takeover Prevention team is to build and maintain well-running applications and APIs. This means you will work with:
- Streaming pipelines using tools like Kafka, AWS MSK, and Google PubSub
- Cloud providers like AWS and GCP
- Containers technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Python web frameworks like Flask and Django
- Business Intelligence platforms like Tableau, Looker, and Snowflake
- Python testing frameworks like pytest
- Search databases like Elasticsearch and Solr
- Key/Value stores like Redis, Cassandra, and BigTable
- Monitoring tools like ElasticAPM, Prometheus, and Grafana
Why Flashpoint is a Great Place to Work:
Diversity. Flashpoint is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, inclusion, belonging, and equity. We recognize that diversity is key to achieving our vision. We believe that every person and their experiences contribute to building a work environment and a product that will change the world.
Culture and Belonging. Our company’s culture isn’t something you join, it’s something you build and shape, and each person's unique backgrounds and experiences contribute to who Flashpoint is and will become. You will have ample opportunities to connect with coworkers through various communication channels and company-funded events: dietary & allergy conscious catered lunches, book clubs, happy hours, committees and much more.
Benefits. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including unlimited PTO, 401(K), mental health and wellness benefits, commuter benefits, and generous parental leave policies.
Perks. Flashpoint understands that personal wellness is one of the keys to a happy, healthy and productive work environment. That’s why we also prioritize health and wellness perks like gym reimbursements and daily meditation, well-stocked kitchens, cool cultural initiatives and inclusive employee events.
Career Growth. Flashpoint is invested in the growth of our team members and understands that frequent, two-way feedback is critical to that growth. We encourage regular one-on-ones with your manager, a regular schedule of performance reviews, learning and development opportunities, and guidance through formalized career paths; whether that be towards being a great manager, being a great individual contributor, or a lateral move to gain breadth of knowledge and experience.
A Great Place to Work. Literally. According to the 99% of employees surveyed, Flashpoint earned designation as a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company for 2021. 100% of employees agree that new hires are made to feel welcome and appreciated. If you are interested in learning more, please check out our Certified Profile - https://www.greatplacetowork.com/certified-company/7008305