Jelli is looking for a Senior Software Engineer, Fullstack to help us enhance our industry leading programmatic audio advertising platform and audio initiatives. It is our mission to innovate and allow people to enjoy more audio by providing platform technology that supports free listening and deeper engagement. We are searching for team members who love to get their hands dirty and thrive in fast-paced environments.
Note: We are currently working remotely due to COVID-19
We’re on a mission to create the largest audio ad platform in the world and help this vibrant medium we all love — music & audio — to have the technology to compete in the world of Google, Facebook, and digital advertising. Now that we are part of the largest audio company in America, iHeartMedia, we have the potential to make a major impact.
We’re a team of innovators, implementers, and thrill seekers. Here are a few things that keep us fueled and excited to build the future of audio:
- Desirable office locations in San Mateo, Boise, and New York
- Tight-knit teams that value teamwork and collaboration
- Company-sponsored virtual activities like yoga, meditation, and workouts
- Virtual wine tastings and game nights
- A stocked kitchen with coffee, snacks, and endless beverages
- Foosball and ping pong tables to keep things fun
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to enhance our system to meet both current and future technological needs. You’ll do this as part of a team that collaborates closely with our product managers and designers.
- Our applications are powered by Ember.js on the front end, and Java EE 11 on the back end
- We utilize Amazon AWS infrastructure to host our application servers (Java, Python) and database servers (MySQL, DynamoDB, MongoDB)
- At least 5 years of professional software development experience in modern languages such as Java, C++, etc.
- Experience with backend architecture, design, and development is required, full stack experience is recommended
- Comfortable working with Ember.js, Java, SpringBoot, php, mysql, mongodb, AWS, GitHub
- Capable of taking Proofs of Concepts and developing them into scalable production environments
- Comfortable with: Command Line Interface (Mac OS CLI to build, run scripts, etc.), build tools (Jenkins), PR reviews, and working with multiple technology stacks.
- Comfortable using Jenkins to release code to multiple environments.
- Expert level debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Can mentor junior engineers, and works well with teams across multiple organizations
- Creative thinker with a strong problem solving mindset
- Thrives in a fast paced environment working in a small team
- Resourceful, and eager to dive into new challenges
- Interest in exploring new innovations, and applying them to the audio and entertainment industry
- Excellent communicator, presenter, and capable of working with multiple teams around the world