Tradeshift is looking for an outstanding Backend Engineer, with the skills to bring new products to market and improve our existing platform and products.
You’re perfect for this role if you:
- Have 4+ years of relevant professional experience
- Have good Java skills, experience with application frameworks such as Spring or Java EE
- Have basic knowledge of building applications on top of Docker, Kubernetes, AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Have a deep understanding of the full web stack
- Have experience with different types of persistence (SQL databases, caches, NoSQL stores)
- Have experience with BackEnd testing frameworks
- Have experience with web programming concepts such as REST, SOAP, client/server, AJAX, etc. and related security paradigms (e.g. OAuth, OpenId, SSO/SAML, WS-Security, PKI)
- Have experience with structured development and build environments (continuous integration, automated testing, automated configuration and deployment) as well as familiarity with infrastructure automation (Puppet)
- Have experience implementing microservices and working with distributed systems, resilient architectures, distributed transaction patterns, containers etc.
You also have:
- Experience working in agile and scrum methodologies is nice to have
- A keen interest in the latest technologies
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely to engineers, designers, and product managers
- Fluent in English speaking, reading and writing
- Basic understanding of XML/JSON and UBL technologies
The Team. We believe in team-based component ownership, development and quality assurance. We expect engineer involvement from product inception through production support. Our teams have great autonomy and responsibility to choose the best solutions, technologies and approaches to bringing Tradeshift to the next level. Of course, this will not be easy; you will face a lot of complex challenges in our growing, global, fast-paced startup.
We value individuals who are passionate, who care, and who can set a direction for their peers.
Location. Our team is based in Bucharest, Romania and this position is open to remote work from anywhere in Romania.
The role. Do you like procurement? Don't answer yet! We've been working with bleeding edge technologies like React, event stream architecture, microservices, Docker and Kubernetes, AWS and fairly new MacBook Pros, we are nice folks, that have lots of fun and great jokes, and a full fridge of beer & soda, a ping-pong room, and a gaming room, for when we are going into the office.
So, do you like procurement and want to build and be part of the future of B2B e-Commerce? We are looking for talent and personal drive. If you have at least 4 years of experience and you are a great developer with a focus on craftsmanship, we would love to hear more from you! Don't be shy and send us your résumé.
What a day is like:
- You will be implementing, growing and maintaining apps and services that bring to our customers a modern, managed buying experience.
- You will be a member of a skilled, cross-functional and self-driven team, that includes FrontEnd Engineers, BackEnd Engineers, QA, Designer and Product Manager. You will collaborate mainly with colleagues from our Buy division, from the Bucharest and Copenhagen offices.
- You will be carrying out your tasks within an agile framework, actively brainstorming and collaborating with your team to find the best solutions that enable great Buy customer experience.
Tradeshift Engineering culture:
First and foremost, we care. We care for each other, the business, our users and our code. We care for democratising business and building the world’s largest network for businesses.
We make decisions every day where two good things are at odds. Our daily activities & choices are a reflection of the preferences we hold strongest. These statements, created in the same form as the agile manifesto, show where our preferences lie.
- Being on an adventure over being safe and cuddled
- Helping my team deliver over making individual contributions
- Being part of a global team over supporting my immediate neighbours
- Delivering on promises over working predictable hours
- Building products users love over products users request
- Accountability for my work over focusing on current tasks
- Working on the full product over focusing on technical perfection
- Getting feedback and learning over unwavering execution
- An ambitious international startup and Agile environment
- Competitive compensation package
- Career and professional development opportunities (workshops, training sessions etc.)
- Trips to international design camps, sharing knowledge with professionals from other parts of the world
- Flexible working hours
- Cool company laptop
- Medical Subscription, Meal tickets for each working day, Bookster access
When we used to go to the office, we also had:
- Free drinks & snacks daily, fresh fruits
- Safe outdoor bike parking spot
- Relaxing spots
- Cool team-bonding events such as Team Camps, Hackathons, Game & Field Days,
- Welcome Breakfast, Happy Hours, Birthdays Celebrations and more
- Friendly and chill working atmosphere overall ♣