After you apply, you will be prompted to take a series of tests. Each test has a cutoff point, so that if you don’t pass, the tests end early.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Django Developer. Pay will be in accordance with abilities, skills, experience, hustle, leadership, math/bioinformatics knowledge, level of English proficiency, and location.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a broad technical skillset and extensive experience in this industry. As a result, the candidate should be able to design, develop and test the products required for the company's needs. Moreover, the candidate should be able to work with other developers in determining product strategy.
The role is:
- Full time - we expect people to put in 40 hrs a week or more
- Fully Remote.
- No agencies.
- Competitive salary; Will be in accordance with skill, abilities, and experience, and can vary widely.
- Minimum of 4-6 years professional coding experience
- Strong English-language communication skills
- Proven leadership experience
- 4+ years of professional experience with Python
- 4+ years of professional experience with a python based web application framework, such as Django
- Experience with creating and maintaining AWS cloud formation templates
- Experience with the Serverless framework
- Well-versed in source control with Git
- Understand RESTful API design. Experience working with Django REST framework is a bonus
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance
- Creating new features related to personalized health based on genetics, labs, and symptoms
- Developing scalable, easily-maintainable software
- Optimizing applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Extending and improving existing internal software systems
- Software Testing
- Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Participating in weekly scrum meetings
- Mentoring fellow developers
- Professional experience with React or similar front end frameworks
- Bioinformatics knowledge
- Math knowledge
- Knowledge of genetics
- Familiar with bash scripting
- Knowledge of Wordpress
- Health enthusiast