This position is REMOTE but candidates will be required to attend team days in the Midlands region of England.
At WUSTL International we are developing a next-generation platform to support teaching and learning at a major US business school. The tools we are creating support face-to-face learning, blended and distance learning, and lifelong learning. They also support a strategy of engaging students and alumni throughout their careers.
We are expanding our development team to six by recruiting two Web Developers.
As a Web Developer you will play a key part in developing and maintaining our code base on the front end and the back end, working in a fast-paced, collegiate environment. You will have an appreciation of the key aspects of UX and information design alongside the ability to implement great experiences using HTML, CSS and SCSS. Likewise, you will be inspired by the serverless model and will take an active part in developing on the platform-as-a-service paradigm.
What you will do:
- Develop solutions based on user requirements, taking responsibility for the full development cycle.
- Implement highly scalable solutions using AWS Lambda, and user experiences using Angular, using Typescript on both the front and back end.
- Constantly challenge and expand your knowledge of reliable software architecture, programming and new technologies.
- Work with agile processes that are adapted to the team’s and project’s needs.
What technologies you'll be using:
- Angular and RxJS.
- AWS Lambda, using node.js and Typescript.
- Other AWS services (RDS, SQS, SNS, CloudWatch, S3, ElastiCache etc).
- Microservices with synchronous and asynchronous communication.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience.
- A good degree education, preferably in computer science.
- A strong portfolio of projects in which you have taken part.
- OOP skills and knowledge of design patterns.
- Strong work ethic.
- Team player.
- Customer service oriented.
- Excellence driven.
How to apply:
Send us a cover letter explaining why you feel you are a great fit for the role, your salary expectation, and include an up-to-date resume as well.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK.
No agencies please.
- We will read your cover letter and resume. The more you can tell us about yourself and your previous roles the easier it is for us to make a thorough evaluation of your suitability for the role. Links to code are helpful but not an absolute requirement if this is difficult for you.
- If you get through this first stage, we’ll arrange an interview (in person or by video) with at least two members of our team.
- If we need more evidence of your expertise we may ask you to complete a short programming exercise. This will be something related to the role so you can see the type of work that you will be undertaking and we can see your technical ability. We’ll then follow up with an online meeting for you to walk us through the output of the exercise.
- For successful candidates we will make an offer.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- 10% employer pension contribution.
- 30 days annual leave.
- Contribute to key technical decisions.
- Work alongside and gain experience from experts in the field of digital education.