We are changing things. We are So Energy, a fast-growing 100% renewable energy supplier in the UK. We're the leading energy supplier for customer service. We've won a host of awards too; including The Sunday Times Fast Track 100. Now we're looking for people to join our growing team and support our customer base which has tripled in the last 7 months.
We have a heterogeneous infrastructure. Primarily cloud-based but also with few machines in house and 3rd party tools. We also have a CICD pipeline that requires iteration to establish a greater level of connectivity to our development tools. We need someone that can look after all of this infrastructure. Someone that understands what it takes to deploy & monitor software. Someone familiar with microservice architecture. Someone comfortable with Linux but also with Windows. The successful candidate will help us define and own the deployment pipeline and monitor our public and internal tools, help to provide and to maintain availability, scalability and reliability across all of our services while mentoring the others on the team. This will be the lead platform engineer/DevOps in the company, and therefore we will rely on the candidate expertise for advice, recommendations and collaboration.
- Help design and build a scalable and reliable infrastructure based on microservice architecture (GCP, AWS, Heroku, on-prem).
- Help in bringing and maintaining business-critical 3rd party tooling in our own cloud.
- Help maintain and improve CICD pipelines including automated tests.
- Make sure we have enough visibility and understanding on the health of all the systems including databases.
- Take ownership of the function, proactively looking for improvements and for automation of as many tasks as possible. Should offer short term and longterm vision according to the current urgent needs and the future.
- Experience working closely with the development teams in order to improve the CI/CD Pipelines and help defining how to create a safe, reliable & observable set of services.
- Experience supporting the IT team and help us optimising the cost of our cloud bills.
- In depth cloud experience, containerisation (ideally Kubernetes).
- Previous use of reverse proxy such as traefik or nginx, security-focused, use of monitoring tools and log aggregation, Postgres and Redis databases, experience in scalability and high availability.
- Positive track record of recommend backup strategies and to apply best practices where relevant.
- A curiosity, and always on the lookout for new reliable & automatable ways of doing things.
- Someone that enjoys having things done well.
- The ability to work autonomously and comfortable proactively collaborating with various stakeholders
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, and an extra day holiday for your birthday
- Ongoing support and development as well as a generous learning and development budget
- Free daily breakfast
- Great reward and recognition
- Exposure to all parts of a growing business
- Pension matching as part of auto-enrolment pension scheme
So Energy care about helping the energy industry become a much more diverse and inclusive environment and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and building an inclusive environment for all.
If you are interested in finding out more please apply making sure to complete all the questions to the best of your ability and attached an up to date version of your CV.