Are you interested in joining a growing SaaS company that helps content owners connect with audiences and develop video businesses?
We are looking for a Latin America or US based software engineer excited about content management, APIs, cloud computing, and video to join our NYC based engineering team building out the infrastructure for digital video.
What’s exciting about this role:
- You will be part of a highly experienced technical team, working in a collaborative fast paced environment and facing exciting challenges.
- We are actively building a brand new product using NodeJS, Typescript, PostgreSQL, ExpressJS, and ReactJS for the front-end.
- Our majestic core monolith is built in Ruby on Rails and MongoDB.
- For other micro services we are leveraging GoLang, Python, and different Ruby frameworks such as Sinatra with PostgreSQL.
- We have our own amazing Infrastructure and QA teams and we love them !
- Our infrastructure is running mostly in Google Cloud leveraging Kubernetes and Docker.
- We also have some services running in AWS Lambda, EC2 and ECS and we heavily utilize AWS Elemental resources, such as MediaPackage and MediaLive.
- Terraform handles the AWS and GCP resources lifecycle.
- We utilize CircleCI as our continuous integration and delivery platform. CircleCI runs our specs and executes our deployments!!
- Create and negotiate story cards in collaboration with team
- Participate in a software development process that includes sprints, daily standups and heavy use of JIRA
- Design, author and ship user facing dashboards, media tools and developer facing APIs
- Participate software architecture discussions & write software architecture documentation
- Review and edit engineering and user facing documentation
What you will need:
- 2+ years of professional experience with NodeJS, as well as related development and testing tools
- Understanding of DNS, HTTP, and related foundational web protocols and RFCs
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills, comfortable with using video and online collaboration tools
- Experience with video transcoding and video players a big plus
- Experience with AWS services (SDK or console usage)
Why become a Zypester?
You will be developing in a global team that is planning to grow by 60% in 2021 to build the infrastructure for digital video. You’ll make a lasting mark on our organization, people, and product that is supporting video streaming to over 70 million households (and growing).
We foster collaboration, invest in training & development, promote from within and encourage Zypesters to support those causes they deeply care about.
Read more about becoming a Zypester, how we live by our Core Values and invest in our team with awesome benefits at http://www.zype.com/careers.