About your role and the team:
As part of our data pipeline team, you will be working on code that allows the Exponea application to reliably ingest large amounts of data as quickly as possible. Your primary focus will be to keep the pipeline stable, to ensure it can be easily scaled out on demand and to provide just enough visibility to all processing stages. Your daily routine may include:
- Maintaining and rewriting components of our pipeline to be more robust and scalable
- Monitoring and increasing the pipeline throughput
- Decomposing existing monolithic app into set of microservices
- Introducing Quality of Service guarantees
- Every third week 24/7 on duty service
What we expect of the candidate:
- Ability to write clean and concise code in Python and eagerness to learn more (medior / senior experience)
- Experience with developing complex distributed software systems with production quality deployment, monitoring and reliability
- Familiarity with large-scale distributed storage and database systems (SQL or NoSQL, e.g. Postgres, MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch)
- Solid grasp on good software engineering practices such as code reviews, deep focus on quality and documentation
- Ability and willingness to deep dive into and comprehend large codebases
- Ability and willingness to troubleshoot and debug technical issues inside a deep and complex technical stack
Our tech stack:
- Our own in-memory database IMF built in C++
- Combination of Google stack like Kubernetes, Bigtable, BigQuery, DataFlow etc.
- Databases like MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch
- Development languages Python and GO
- Apache Kafka
More things you'll like about Bloomreach:
- A great deal of freedom and trust. At Bloomreach we don’t clock in and out, and we have neither corporate rules nor long approval processes. This freedom goes hand in hand with responsibility. We are interested in results from day one.
- At Bloomreach, we believe in flexible working hours to accommodate your working style.
- We organize company events (summits) twice a year to experience the global spirit of the company and get excited about what's ahead.
- We have a friendly atmosphere and motivated colleagues who like what they do.
The Bloomreach Glassdoor page elaborates on our 4.7/5 rating.
- Personal Development:
- We have a People Development Program - using competency maps, participating in weekly personal development workshops on various topics run by experts from inside the company.
- Our managers participate in the leader development program to develop in the areas we consider essential for any leader.
- Bloomreachers utilize the personal education budget on an annual basis to purchase education products (books, courses, etc.)
- There's access to Udemy courses for all employees.
- Our resident communication coach Ivo Veea is available for work-related communications challenges.
- The employee assistance program - with counselors - is available for non-work-related challenges.
- Bloomreachers enjoy DisConnect days to unwind and focus on activities away from the screen with our loved ones.
- We facilitate sports, yoga, and meditation opportunities for each other.
- There's extended parental leave available (with regional specifics).
- Bloomreachers get rewarded based on their commitment and capabilities.
- Everyone gets to participate in the company's success through the company performance bonus.
- Bloomreachers get stock options granted depending on their role, seniority, and location.
- We offer an employee referral bonus of up to 3000 USD paid out immediately after the new hire starts.
- Bloomreach provides a monthly lunch entitlement (with regional specifics).
- There's a pension scheme (with regional specifics).
- Employees get a healthcare plan (with regional specifics).
- We celebrate work anniversaries - Bloomversaries!