Help us make GoodNotes smarter thanks to a robust unified data pipeline for both the product and the business. You will be part of a rapidly growing Data Platform team that develops the core data infrastructures and their related analytical services to make the access of data available to everyone inside and outside of GoodNotes. You will also work with passionate teammates who are experts in the latest ML technologies and love sharing it.
Our Core Values:
- Users come first
- Build a better product, not just different
- Do less but get more done
- Always be learning
We want to make education and work more efficient and enjoyable, by providing the best digital paper solution possible. We plan to be the go-to tool for all forms of notes.
What you will achieve:
- Design and build a high-performance data platform that serves as the foundation of our future data initiatives
- Implement elegant solutions with clean and maintainable code
- Collaborate with Data, ML, MLOps, and QA teams to identify opportunities to improve our data architectures
- Define and drive the completion of new initiatives and features by removing blockers for the team
- Continuously improve the development practices through research, automation, documentation, and testing
- Share your knowledge and experience with the rest of the team
What you need to be successful:
- Experience building large-scale distributed systems from inception to millions of users on AWS or other cloud providers
- Robust software engineering practices, testing, and automation are no secret to you
- Mastery in at least two programming languages: Java/Scala/Kotlin and Python
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform or other cluster management solutions on AWS or other cloud providers
- Hands-on experience building applications using one or more of the following big data frameworks or services: Spark, Kafka, Flink, Druid, ClickHouse, Pinot and ELK stack
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals and a solid background in software engineering
What else would help you, but not required
- Knowledge in machine learning and data science
- You'll receive competitive compensation and meaningful equity along with a chance to make significant contribution to a product people already love.
- Most of our positions are eligible for remote work, provided you have at least 3 hours of overlap with the team in the office every weekday between 10 AM and 6 PM. Please indicate your preference in your application form.
- You're also welcome to join us in our Hong Kong or London office, we can sponsor visas and support relocations.
- We take care of you and your loved ones with medical insurance and flexible working hours.
- Join our best company tradition, the annual off-site. Check out our pictures from team outings and more on our Instagram.