Vaadin is a web app development platform for Java. It allows you to use Java or TypeScript to build reliable web applications with great UX faster than before. We operate an open core business model and serve a developer community of more than 200,000 members.
We are looking for a Developer Advocate to join our Community Team. As a Developer Advocate, your job is to build an engaged developer community and drive our product development through your understanding of the Java and web ecosystems. We have offices in Finland, Germany, and the USA. The position is available at these locations (we offer relocation help) or remotely from anywhere within close time zones.
Some of the things you'll be working on
- Building awareness of Vaadin technologies in the Java and web development communities
- Educating and enabling developers to succeed with Vaadin technologies by creating online content such as tutorials, videos, webinars, demo apps, and more
- Serving as an ambassador for Vaadin by presenting at conferences, meetups, hackathons, and other events both, online and in-person when conditions permit
- Planning and executing technical collaborations with influencers and related companies in the Java and web ecosystems
- Helping developers to solve their technical challenges by participating on Stack Overflow, the Vaadin Discord server, and other online channels
- Gathering and using developer feedback and market knowledge to guide product development
- Staying up to date with the latest technologies and developments
- A strong Java background
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Experience with writing technical documentation, articles, or tutorials for software developers
- Ability to explain code and technical concepts in a simple and engaging way in, both, in-person and on-camera
- Your application should include a link to a video of yourself presenting at a development conference, webinar, or meetup.
- Ability to work independently
- Willingness and ability to travel to conferences and other events in the USA and Europe
- Interest in learning and staying on top of new technologies
Salary and benefits
- Work at our offices in Finland, Germany, or the USA, or anywhere close to these time zones.
- A creative and friendly work environment with minimal bureaucracy.
- A chance to be a recognized expert within the Java and web communities.
- A laptop, phone, and tools of your choice.
- Excellent opportunities for career development and learning.
- 10% of your work time can be spent on your own projects.
- Flexible working hours.
- Competitive salary and benefits
Vaadiners are a truly diverse and easy-going bunch of world-class experts. We love simplicity and encourage everyone to contribute their own ideas for making Vaadin better as a technology and as a place to work.
Why join Vaadin? Check out what your future colleagues have to say :)
Apply today! Candidates will be contacted as they apply, and the positions will be filled as soon as we find suitable candidates. For questions or more information, don’t hesitate to contact Developer Relations Manager, Alejandro Duarte, at [email protected]