A bit about us
Virtuoso's mission is to enable and lead the world's quality-first revolution. The field of QA has not kept pace with the software industry's transition to CI/CD. We are fixing that.
Virtuoso has reimagined how software is tested by developing a game-changing platform that is already being used by the biggest names in software. We passionately believe that anyone should be able to create and maintain tests regardless of their technical skill, and that quality is a key driver for change and growth. The latest advances in AI and Machine Learning have been leveraged to produce test automation software that thinks like a human, empowers everyone to test, and for the first time delivers on the promise of codeless test automation. Achieving remarkable success has become a business-as-usual activity for us and we need to rapidly expand our team for that to continue to increase. Want to join the quality-first revolution? Then read on.
A company without borders with employees that make an impact worldwide, with offices and a remote team spread across the globe. The nature of our product is reflected in our thorough and agile culture. We do the right things fast and our application process is no different. We want exceptional people and we will act to get them.
About the role
Heres a glimpse of what you may be working on as a front-end engineering lead:
- Lead on the architecture of our continuously evolving Vue.js codebase
- Help us with continuously improving the scalability and performance of our front-end application
- Help make our front-end code base increasingly more accessible to the rest of the front-end and engineering team
- Make improvements that can delight customers -- after all, superior user experience is a core offering of Virtuoso
- Work closely with our UX team, with hands-on involvement on the UX of the product
- Lead and/or contribute to development of the Virtuoso roadmap
Our Tech Stack:
- Vue.js ecosystem for Front-end
- Figma for our UI/UX
- Java services (distributed architecture)
- PostgreSQL for relational database
- AWS (and some GCP)
- Datadog for logging, Prometheus for metric monitoring, Sentry for tracking errors
- Terraform for infrastructure management
- Slack / Zoom for communication
- Github for source control and project management
- CircleCI for CI/CD -- your code goes live in 3 minutes after committing, whether in production or a branch (including testing and linting)!
- Your favorite technology that can help solve challenges
What we need from you
- Youll blend your exceptional Front-end engineering skills with your passion for building an intuitive product, writing code, and solving problems to support our engineering team in developing a research-lead application.
- Bonus points if you are experienced in advanced testing techniques such as mocking/stubbing, have extensive full-stack engineering experience, demonstrate you care about clean code and interfaces, and if you have previous experience with automating browsers (e.g. chrome debugging protocol).
- We know that as engineers youll have a mix of different skills, technologies, and experiences, so instead of a long, boring list of skills or technologies we want people to have, we thought sharing details of our tech stack would be more interesting to you.
Whats in it for you
- The opportunity to bring your own ideas to reality (we love new solutions and ideas!)
- Competitive salary
- Team retreats every 6 months... somewhere nice because youve earned it!
- Full Jetbrains pack license (IntelliJ et al)
- Fully remote/flexible working
- Weekly team lunch
- Year training and development budget of £500 as a minimum
- Private health insurance
- Take your birthday as a holiday every year!
- Sabbatical opportunities
- Open source contribution opportunities
- A new laptop and/or use your own equipment