ARE YOU INTERESTED IN JOINING A HYPER-GROWTH LOGISTICS TECH COMPANY?
- Do you believe in game-changing innovations and are excited about reimagining an 800 billion dollar industry?
- Do you believe that there’s always a better way to solve a problem?
- Do you want to help your team members to grow in their careers?
If so, nice to meet you! We are Loadsmart and we have recently opened a new Engineering Manager position, to help us optimize top talent at our growing company (we grew from 150 to 450 in the last 18 months) with a recent Series C of $90M. We are seeking an innovative, agile, data-oriented Engineering Manager, who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced global company.
LOCATION: Remote anywhere in Latin America
WHAT YOU GET TO DO…
- Ensure the team has the right people in the right roles, considering its roadmap and objectives
- Actively participate in the hiring process, ensuring new and potential hires are aligned with our company values
- Incentivize and provide constant feedback between all team members
- Conduct 1-1s, quarterly reviews, and other formal feedback/performance review sessions
- Help individual contributors to grow and reach their full potential
- Engage in high-level discussions about architecture and technology, ensuring the best decisions are being made and the right people are participating in the decisions
- Ensure the team is performing in a healthy way, correctly following defined processes when applicable
- Work with Product Managers to define goals for each sprint, quarter, and year
- Partner with peers - other managers, Product Managers, stakeholders - to reach the company's goals
- Strive for excellence
YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE…
- Leading developers and building teams to deliver the best possible products
- Discussing high-level architectures with individual contributors and other leaders, taking the best decisions possible for the company and team's growth
- 5+ years of experience in Software Development
- 2 years in a leadership position (engineering manager or equivalent)
- Communicating in English (both written and spoken) - you will work in an international team with native and non-native English speakers
- Detail-oriented and demonstrate initiative and high self-motivation
- Have a good understanding of how things work under the hood from a Product and Software Eng. point of view
- Capable of jumping in to help debug and triage critical systems as needed
- Able to communicate technical concepts to business stakeholders as well as communicate business objectives to the technical team.
- Leverages past experience and uses strong communication skills to collaborate effectively with all stakeholders including customers, senior management, and other business leaders.
- Capable of providing leadership to tech leads and developers, addressing technical, resource, and personnel issues.
- Experience with monitoring, alerting, and incident management of systems
YOUR COLLEAGUES WOULD DESCRIBE YOU AS:
- An experienced leader, who provides thoughtful feedback to individual contributors, helping them to unblock their potential and develop their careers while ensuring strategic alignment with the company's objectives
- Someone that is always trying to find better ways to solve problems and thinks outside of the box
- Someone that takes ownership of complex problems
- Flexible person and open to others ideas
WORKING AT LOADSMART
- Competitive base salaries - we believe in rewarding top talent
- Extremely competitive Equity package - our Series C valuation didn’t account for us almost tripling revenue this year so now is the time to get in!
- Signing bonus - because you will work remotely, you will use it as you like: to setup your home office, get a new laptop or buy that amazing coffee machine to make your days happier :)
- Training budget - we will support you on developing your skills.
- Unlimited time off
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Lots of engagement activities;
- An opportunity to work with a diverse, global community of 450+ Loadies united by our core value of Teamwork
- Regular recognition, feedback, and transparency across all levels.
- Opportunities for you to join our community service initiatives