What we are looking for:
We’re going to need people like you to help develop our cutting edge data delivery and analysis platform. There’s a tremendous amount of work for us on the road ahead, and we’re moving at ludicrous speed, so we’re looking for a comrade-in-arms to jump in and join our team trailblazing the Deep & Dark Web.
What you will do:
- Help build and maintain our platform - we are constantly adding new data sources, analytics, and interface enhancements as our company grows
- Drive architectural best practices and process improvement
- Make your voice heard in product development process and participate in code reviews
- Make sure your code is properly tested
- Document your projects thoroughly enough to make them maintainable by others
- Help bring in new technologies and develop innovative approaches to the challenges we face
- Participate in a collaborative engineering environment
What you will bring:
- Experience working within an agile team
- An understanding of how the web works and ability to apply that to meet UX needs
- Excellent systems, analytical, problem solving and technical skills
- Experience building on RESTful web services using modern application frameworks (React, Vue, or Angular)
- Experience writing unit and integration tests, and producing testable code
- Demonstrated ability to learn and leverage new technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
What else would be great:
- Experience developing security tools or any type of security-oriented background
- Solid foundation in computer science fundamentals from data structures and algorithms to high-level design patterns
- Experience with client-side monitoring tools such as New Relic, Bugsnag, or Google Analytics
- Experience using Docker for development and deployment
- Experience with continuous integration frameworks like Gitlab-ci, Travis, or Jenkins
- Experience with testing frameworks like Mocha, Jasmine, Enzyme or Nightmare
Why Flashpoint is a Great Place to Work:
Diversity. Flashpoint is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, inclusion, belonging, and equity. We recognize that diversity is key to achieving our vision. We believe that every person and their experiences contribute to building a work environment and a product that will change the world.
Culture and Belonging. Our company’s culture isn’t something you join, it’s something you build and shape, and each person's unique backgrounds and experiences contribute to who Flashpoint is and will become. You will have ample opportunities to connect with coworkers through various communication channels and company-funded events: dietary & allergy conscious catered lunches, book clubs, happy hours, committees and much more.
Benefits. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including unlimited PTO, 401(K), mental health and wellness benefits, commuter benefits, and generous parental leave policies.
Perks. Flashpoint understands that personal wellness is one of the keys to a happy, healthy and productive work environment. That’s why we also prioritize health and wellness perks like gym reimbursements and daily meditation, well-stocked kitchens, cool cultural initiatives and inclusive employee events.
Career Growth. Flashpoint is invested in the growth of our team members and understands that frequent, two-way feedback is critical to that growth. We encourage regular one-on-ones with your manager, a regular schedule of performance reviews, learning and development opportunities, and guidance through formalized career paths; whether that be towards being a great manager, being a great individual contributor, or a lateral move to gain breadth of knowledge and experience.
A Great Place to Work. Literally. According to the 99% of employees surveyed, Flashpoint earned designation as a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company for 2021. 100% of employees agree that new hires are made to feel welcome and appreciated. If you are interested in learning more, please check out our Certified Profile.