Our Product Teams are cross-functional teams consisting of a Product Manager, Designer and 7-8 Software Engineers. It's an exciting time to get involved and as an Engineering Manager you'll be able to bring valuable experience and leadership to your team.
Your typical week will involve:
- Coordinating work, and facilitating technical team discussions to help make decisions
- Working with your team and the wider business on prioritisation, unblocking bottlenecks, roadmap planning for future development cycles
- 1-1s with all your direct reports. We believe regular contact with your team members is essential, as is giving and receiving feedback
- Coaching, mentoring and developing engineers to help them craft the perfect career path at FreeAgent
- Hiring responsibilities, conducting interviews, reviewing applications and helping to optimise our hiring journey
- Celebrating your team’s achievements!
Ideally, you’ll have:
- Significant web development experience at a senior level, ideally on a commercial SaaS product
- Previous experience of people management
- A comprehensive understanding of lean and agile development methodologies
- Stellar communication and organisation skills
- The ability to thrive in a collaborative environment while embracing accountability
- A learning mindset, always open to improve yourself and learn from others
The annual salary for this role is £50,000 - £80,000. In the Greater London area this rises to £57,500 - £96,000.
We provide a comprehensive package of employee benefits, such as 33 days holiday (increasing year on year!), private health care, life assurance, 5% matched pension contributions, and buy-as-you-earn share schemes. Find out more on our website.
The best place to work
We believe in a strong work-life balance. We don't work long hours and we're flexible about how and where you work. 50% of our engineering team work from home full time – as a company we have been championing remote working for 14 years! We also have a fabulous Edinburgh HQ which is designed for collaboration, including high-quality A/V equipment to provide a great experience for distributed teams.