Bloomreach is the leader in digital and commerce experience™. Our flagship product, brX, is the only digital experience platform built specifically for brands, retailers and B2B companies who want to grow their revenue online while delivering each of their customers a premium, personalized experience. brX is the only platform that combines content and experience management with market-leading, AI-driven search, merchandising and personalization together in one efficient, modern platform.
Bloomreach serves over 250 companies globally including Neiman Marcus, CapitalOne, Staples, NHS Digital, Bosch, Puma, and Marks & Spencer. A global network of certified partners includes Accenture Interactive, WPP, and market-leading commerce platforms.
Bloomreach is solving one of the digital world’s most fundamental problems: helping people instantly find what they need when they need it. We are seeking a distributed system engineer to join our core Search Quality team to help us improve the quality as well as the scalability and stability of our search platform in the cloud. In this role, you’ll work with a passionate, versatile, and collaborative team, tackling tough problems as we continue to push our technology forward. Additionally, you’ll have the opportunity to influence and implement architectural solutions that will enable us to achieve our goal of being the world’s most trusted digital experience platform.
Who you are:
- You are curious with a desire to understand how the world works and why our semantic search engine is leading the industry
- You are happy; the work is challenging, but you always put a smile on your face
- You are honest even if it means having to share bad news or disagree with a team member
- You are motivated and willing to do whatever it takes to honor your commitment and get the job done
- You are humble, always open-minded, eager to learn from others, and focus on the we instead of I
- You are team oriented and find fulfillment working in a highly collaborative team environment with like-minded individuals to drive our business forward
- Scale Bloomreach’s Hadoop and Spark-based data processing pipelines -- including crawling, parsing, indexing, semantic analysis and language modeling, and analytics -- to handle and maintain complex processes in an efficient and reliable way
- Design and implement core architecture components for new features and improve performance for existing high-traffic, high available data ingestion and search API
- Build infrastructure, monitoring, and tools to increase automation, improve efficiency of the engineering team while maintaining technical excellence in the code base
- Develop new algorithms to improve semantic understanding of different content types for better search experience
- Be in-tune with our customers’ technical landscape, anticipating, and building systems that scale with our fast growing customer base
- Act as a partner to the Solution Architecture team to come up with creative solutions for customers that don’t overstep current product or system capabilities
- Influence and interface with external customer stakeholders by distilling complex technical architectures into easy to understand concepts
- Steward an extremely high bar of technical excellence for the company
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related fields
- 6+ years experience building software solutions in a corporate or startup engineering environment using C++ and/or Java, Python
- 4+ years experience working with AWS or GCP
- Extensive background in algorithms and strong software architecture skills
- Experience with developing and maintaining distributed systems at scale in a production environment
- Experience with big data and large-scale data processing technologies (e.g Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, Kafka) a must
- Experience with open source search engine Lucene, Solr, ElasticSearch a plus
- Health Care including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k Plan with employer contribution
More things you'll like about Bloomreach:
- A great deal of freedom and trust. At Bloomreach we don’t clock in and out, and we have neither corporate rules nor long approval processes. This freedom goes hand in hand with responsibility. We are interested in results from day one.
- We have defined our 5 values and the 10 underlying key behaviors that we strongly believe in. We can only succeed if everyone lives these behaviors day to day. We've embedded them in our processes like recruitment, onboarding, feedback, personal development, performance review and internal communication.
- We believe in flexible working hours to accommodate your working style.
- We organize company events (summits) twice a year to experience the global spirit of the company and get excited about what's ahead.
- We have a friendly atmosphere and motivated colleagues who love what they do.
- The Bloomreach Glassdoor page elaborates on our stellar 4.55/5 rating.
- We have a People Development Program -- participating in weekly personal development workshops on various topics run by experts from inside the company. We are continuously developing & updating competency maps for select functions.
- Our managers are strongly encouraged to participate in the Leader Development Program to develop in the areas we consider essential for any leader. The program includes regular comprehensive feedback, consultations with a coach and follow-up check-ins.
- Bloomreachers utilize the $1,500 professional education budget on an annual basis to purchase education products (books, courses, certifications, etc.)
- Our resident communication coach Ivo Veea is available to help navigate work-related communications & decision-making challenges.
- The Employee Assistance Program -- with counselors -- is available for non-work-related challenges.
- We organize ‘DisConnect’ days where Bloomreachers globally enjoy one additional day off each quarter, allowing us to unwind together and focus on activities away from the screen with our loved ones.
- We facilitate sports, yoga, and meditation opportunities for each other.
- Stock options are granted depending on a team member’s role, seniority, and location.
- Everyone gets to participate in the company's success through the company performance bonus.
- We celebrate work anniversaries -- Bloomversaries!