We are looking for a great Software Engineer to join our Adverse Information and Media Team to help us build our machine learning based anti-money laundering solution to help organizations prevent financial crime!
We are building cutting edge solutions that help reveal the truth for a safer world and stop money ending up in the hands of terrorists.
Since launching in 2014, we have been on a mission to fight financial crime on a global scale. In that time, we have raised over $85m in funding, opened offices in New York, Singapore and Romania, and have grown to over 200 employees, and we're not stopping there!
We can only defeat financial crime if we have people who are experts in their field and who share our core values, which we take very seriously!
Focus on the Team We're Collaborative, Human, and Humble
Kaizen We're Curious, Proactive and Agile
Deliver Results We're Tenacious, Accountable and Focused
- Working alongside our ML engineers, data scientists and other software engineers responsible for our Adverse Information and Media product.
- Write new features that enable our platform to understand articles in the media, extract information about individuals, apply ML models to categorise their actions, and merge all this with existing data we hold. Your work will allow our customers to find out who has done something bad, what they did, and when.
- You will help us deliver new features and maintain our platform as we apply new technologies and scale our systems.
- You will learn quickly and be able to adopt the technologies we use to develop code and deploy it to Kubernetes.
- You will contribute to sprint planning and be able to demo the features you’ve worked on to stakeholders.
- You will be responsible for the quality of your code and will be expected to write tests and take ownership of systems that ensure the quality of our code.
- You will adopt best practices (and be able to suggest improvements to them), to get code from initial requirements to deployed services in production.
- You will contribute to the overall success of the team, with focus on team rather than individual delivery.
What does success look like in your first 6 months?
- With support as you learn our tools and systems, you will have contributed to delivering your team's roadmap with high quality.
- You will have collaborated on code and designs with other team members, and proactively asked for help when needed.
- You will be able to explain in detail the parts of the pipeline you’ve worked on, including their features and how they’re deployed.
- You will be able to explain to others the main problems we're trying to solve for our users.
- You will have participated in sprint reviews, and design meetings.
- Your code will be clearly written, well structured, with good test coverage, and with updated documentation.
- Your team will have supported you as you used the CI pipelines to deploy features to production.
Who we are looking for
We value those who take initiative and pride in their work and contribute to a positive working environment. You will be able to deliver on the points covered above, taking into account the following:
- You have experience writing production grade Python or Java applications.
- You have experience writing unit tests and understand the importance of testing - TDD.
- Have experience working with large scalable systems .
- It would be nice if you had experience working in a multi-disciplinary team (ML Engineers, SREs, Product).
- Experience working with cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP) or containerised infrastructure (Kubernetes/Docker/Jenkins) would be great, but an understanding of the concepts will help you on your way.
- Worked in an agile environment and experience in pair programming.
Benefits of working at ComplyAdvantage include:
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote working option
- Stock options scheme
- Unlimited Annual Leave
- Flexible working hours
- Company Pension Scheme
- Company health care plan
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Training and development budget
ComplyAdvantage celebrates diversity in our teams, and welcomes applications from all backgrounds. Additionally, we value potential and growth, so if you don’t feel that you fulfill all of the criteria, then you should still feel comfortable to apply and your application will be considered fairly.