Kinsta is a modern cloud hosting company focused on WordPress hosting. We run our services on cutting-edge technology and we are proud of the level of support we offer to our customers. Our talented and motivated team is scattered across the globe with team members hailing from every continent but Antarctica! We're constantly on the lookout for great talent to join our awesome team. If you’d like to become part of the Kinsta family, hit apply!
As a Quality Assurance Associate, you will be instrumental in ensuring that only error-free software gets published across our platform.
You will work with our Product Design Team to learn about specifications for certain features and gain an understanding of how these features could affect seemingly unrelated systems. You will work with the Development Team to make sure the code they commit fully satisfies the specification and that it doesn’t cause unexpected issues within our ecosystem.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Developing a working knowledge of how features work across our platform
- Strong knowledge of new features that are in development
- Monitoring pull requests on GitHub that are ready for review
- Making sure to-be-released features work as described in the specifications
- Having a good mental image of seemingly unrelated areas a to-be-released feature could potentially disrupt
- Communicating issues efficiently to developers
- Working closely with developers to ensure error-free code
- Working with the development team to create automated processes that further increase code quality
- At least 1 year of manual testing experience
- The ability to go into minute detail when testing features
- The ability to identify edge cases
- Previous experience testing web-based projects
- Web fluency and knowledge of project management tools
- Great interpersonal and communications skills
We do not require coding knowledge for this position but an entry-level knowledge of the following will be a great asset:
- Opportunity to work in a dynamically growing international company where what you do has a direct and immediate impact
- Fully remote culture with a globally distributed, international team and an option to work from our office in Budapest
- We offer a flexible and relaxed working environment where everyone can work in peace
- We do not have any investors and we do not work directly with clients. This means we rarely have any deadlines and even when we do, they are mostly for internal planning purposes. We have the luxury of thinking features through and implementing them correctly instead of quickly
- In order to ensure that everyone has time to rest and recharge, we offer Flexible paid time off