Platform Developer Experience (PDX) crafts technologies that enable Spotify to learn quickly and scale easily, enabling rapid growth in our users and our business around the globe. Spanning many fields, we work to make the business work; crafting the frameworks, capabilities and tools needed to welcome a billion customers.
As a team, we cover end-to-end integration of CI that serves engineers all around Spotify. Together with other teams across domains we experiment and continuously improve the user experience.
Our team is an essential part of a big initiative called Fleet management which will enable teams to deliver automated and crafted code/configuration changes to thousands of services across the Spotify fleet quickly & safely and have an extensive impact on developer efficiency.
We are looking for a passionate senior engineer to help us build a world-class CI experience. To be successful you will need a combination of problem-solving, technical and communication skills. As a Senior Backend Engineer in our team, you will have the opportunity to scale & evolve the main CI engine that drives the majority of Spotify. You will join a team where everyone shares a common interest in distributed backend systems, their scalability and continued development.
What you'll do
- Be a technical leader within the team you work with and within Spotify in general.
- Coordinate technical projects across teams within Spotify.
- Architect, design, develop, deploy and operate services and systems that provide the best developer experience possible
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineers, product owners, and designers to seek exciting and challenging problems for delivering various media worldwide.
- Ensure the reliability of our platform, abiding by an SLA, setting SLIs and SLO
- Aid in levelling up our craft expertise through coaching and mentoring other engineers
- Ensure our systems are future proof and ready to support the scale of our business
Who you are
- You are an experienced technical leader.
- You know how to write distributed, high-volume services in Java.
- You are experienced with deploying and operating services on Linux in a cloud environment.
- You are comfortable with large scale production systems and technologies, for example, load balancing, monitoring, distributed systems, or configuration management.
- You have familiarity with and passion for software engineering best practices such as testing, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high-quality code
Where you'll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the EMEA region in which we have a work location and is within working hours.
- Working hours? We operate within the Central European and GMT time zones for collaboration and ask that all be located in that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.