Are you a full-stack software engineer? Do you thrive on high-performing, rapidly growing teams? Do you love getting to dabble in both deep-dive R&D projects and crucial feature delivery across multiple products and technologies? Balto is looking for a full-stack software engineer to join our startup, grow alongside the organization, and take a significant role in defining and building the category of Real-Time Speech Analytics.
The ideal candidate always has an eye toward reducing tech debt, loves a crisp implementation, and can appreciate the value of a smile and a deep breath during an important architecture debate... I mean discussion.
- Implementing the features that will thrill our customers (and they aren’t shy about sharing it) cement our place as the #1 Real-Time Guidance and crafts our architecture to continue to 5x the number of active users over and over.
- Maintaining code quality through standard, lightweight best practices, like testing, code reviews, and design docs.
- Communicating with peers, leads, and Engineering Managers about reducing technical debt, prioritizing refactors, and ideas to increase stability and scalability across the architecture.
- Python (Django, Flask, or Tornado).
- Relational databases (Postgresql or MySQL).
- Unixy things: Git (Github), Bash, Ubuntu, Docker.
We have plenty of benefits. Baltonians rave about these the most.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance to make quality healthcare affordable.
- Life insurance to protect your loved ones in the worst-case scenario.
- 401k to save for your retirement.
- A quarterly professional development stipend to inspire continuous professional growth.
- Paid vacation and holidays, including five days of Civic Engagement PTO, to give you the flexibility to make relaxation, family, and community priorities.
- Generous stock options, so you can be a meaningful owner of the company as it grows.