$60-90,000 plus super
Octopus Deploy is one of Australia’s fastest-growing and most successful software companies. Today we help over 150,000 people worldwide to deliver working software to production.
If you have a commitment to excellence, a desire to delight customers, and want to be a member of a fast-growing team, you'll love this position.
A typical day might include
- Changing source code hosted in GitHub, most of it in the open, collaborating on a pull-request, then shipping a release to customers around the world via an automated build, test, and delivery pipeline, often within the same day.
- Working with your mentor to fix a bug using an approach like red-green-refactor to prevent customers from experiencing that bug again.
- Attending an internal workshop held by some of the leading engineers in the industry
- Learning a functional language so you can apply that thinking to our code base
- Building tools to help the team work more effectively.
- Improving our documentation to help customers discover solutions for themselves, and learn how to use Octopus for more complicated workflows.
- Writing a blog post about something interesting for other developers, or explaining a new feature of Octopus
- Working where you work best, perhaps in a home office designed by you, using a device of your choosing, with or without music, in an atmosphere you create for yourself.
You will be a great fit for this role if
- You have less than 3 years of professional software development experience.
- You enjoy experimenting with software and have a drive to learn.
- You are keen to learn C#, TypeScript and React and work with them day to day.
- You enjoy automating things like builds, tests, deployments, infrastructure, and operational tasks.
- You enjoy collaborating with other people to solve problems, challenging each other to discover the best solution for a problem, using a balance of passion, pragmatism, and empathy.
- You are a results-oriented person, someone who is focused on iteratively delivering valuable things to your customers, someone who willingly changes direction based on clear and transparent business information, and someone who helps others do the same.
- You are able to work independently, motivating yourself to do high-quality work on time, communicating with your teammates when you need help or when you are ready for something new.
You will enjoy this role if
- You like getting a deep understanding of the problem before diving in and fixing it
- You enthusiastically accept radically candid feedback, feedback that is thoughtful, timely, and directly actionable, and offer the same benefit to others.
- You want to do your best work with other like-minded people.
- You enjoy doing things the right way from the very beginning knowing you are working on a valuable asset.
- You enjoy working with great tools and modern programming frameworks in the development environment of your choice.
- You enjoy collaborating with customers and co-workers to find the best solution, not just the obvious one.
We'd love to hear from you. Click apply, tell us about yourself and we'll get in touch.We are looking for people who live and work in Australia or New Zealand to join our remote-first team. We are currently unable to provide visa sponsorship.