Don’t just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners – because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that’s stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let’s go forward together.
The Senior UX Designer is an integral member of the UX organization and works directly with our product development teams. They partner directly with our product owners to understand customer behavior and deliver best-in-class user experiences within the Paylocity product suite. They are responsible for meeting multiple product teams’ user experience needs, including: Visual Design, Interaction Design, Design System Contributions, Information Architecture, Writing, Quantitative and Qualitative Research and Analysis, and Prototyping. Senior UX Designers are also responsible for driving design system strategy, delivering complex user interactions, advancing the craft, and expanding our market leading suite. They are leaders in the UX community and are the “go-to” resource for UX designers within their team, providing direction, coaching and feedback. They are also creative thinkers and problem-solvers dedicated to putting the user first by learning through rapid experiments and frequent customer feedback loops.
Reports To: UX Team Leader
Who you are:
- Enthusiastic about user experience, designing the best software available and providing the ultimate customer experience
- An advocate for continuous improvement of our software development process
- Interested in staying current by applying new technologies and best practices
- Able to work in a collaborative environment with a willingness to share your ideas
- Able to work independently on modules and complete tasks with high quality, but unafraid to seek out suggestions from other team members
- Excited to work on cutting-edge technology
How we work:
- Curiosity and candor; the quality of the idea wins the day
- Casual, focused, and agile environment operating under our shared principles
- Customers at the center of everything we do
- Small, mission-focused squads with an entrepreneurial spirit backed by enterprise investments
- Consistent routines across stakeholders to ensure complete transparency
- Close working relationship between executive stakeholders and customers
What we offer:
- A compelling mission to elevate payroll and human resources across the backroom and into the boardroom
- Focus on helping our customers automate manual processes, appeal to the modern workforce, and glean insights from analytics
- Lean enabling process that focuses on putting our customers at the center of everything we do
- A commitment to investing in our products, hiring the best talent, and giving them the chance to meaningfully contribute to a vast market opportunity
- Ample opportunity and encouragement to stay current with external training
- A phenomenal talent anywhere culture, where employees can work remotely anywhere in the US and/or work from one of three U.S. offices located in Illinois, Florida and Idaho
- Bachelor’s degree in design, Human Computer Interaction, technology or related field or equivalent experience
- Must have at least 7 years of experience using design system patterns to create engaging, multi-platform user experiences at an enterprise level organization or equivalent experience, demonstrating a strong body of work
- Has a solid understanding of front end development (HTML/CSS)
- Has mastered common creative tools such as: Sketch, InVision and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Advanced in one or more of the following areas and competent in another: User Research, Product Design, or UI Development
- Experience working in an agile software development environment, working on/with cross-functional teams to deliver a product user experience
- Demonstrated ability to deliver and iterate on valuable user experiences
- Effectively communicates design thinking and product strategy with the team and stakeholders that deliver upon business outcomes
- Confidently delivers many projects at one time while delivering valuable user experiences
During the last three months, you would have:
- Turned broad, conceptual ideas into elegant design solutions centered on our users’ success and happiness at completing their jobs and connecting to our organizational strategy.
- Collaborated with Product Owner(s) to define the user needs
- Presented UX artifacts during high-level, strategic conversations across a category with product and executive teams
- Demonstrated leadership in the UX community by leading: research and analysis, design community level initiatives, cross-category design initiatives to progress design systems, and/or the process/approach for tackling design problems using known methods (including anticipating problems and going beyond best practices to uncover novel, unexpected but still workable solutions)
- Instilled an unwavering commitment to quality in all projects from conception to launch
- Partnered with development and engineering to ensure excellent communication and execution of every project. Coordinated with Dev Lead and Product Team Leaders to solve for consistency.
- Shipped a product, learned from it, and iterated
- Lived our culture and principles and recommended new standards in executional and operational excellence. Is a consistent contributor to the user experience COP
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We’ve made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there’s still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook. https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
This role can be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $95,000 – $135,000 /year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for an annual restricted stock unit grant based on individual performance, in addition to a full range of benefits outlined here. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via www.paylocity.com/careers.