Headquarters: Munich, Germany
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join our Services Team. If you’re an engineer at heart, with an empathetic approach to leadership, able to grow a high-performing team to deliver technical solutions and build a top class product together, then we want to talk to you!
The Services Team is responsible for building and maintaining the services that make up our core platform. These APIs are used by both internal teams and external developers who are integrating with Laterpay. The product is built with Python/FastAPI/PostgreSQL/Kafka. It is hosted in AWS ECS and our infrastructure is managed with Terraform.
We’ve been a fully remote, fully distributed organization before it was even cool! Our remote-first culture is something we’re proud of. Slack is our office, Jira provides transparency and organizes work, and we collaborate in real-time via videos. We also probably play Among Us a bit too much...
If you’re interested in the role, but maybe don’t meet all of the criteria, we’d still encourage you to apply. Growth is continuous and we’re committed to helping you grow at Laterpay.
Your responsibilities will span several different areas, covering people, team and technical outcomes.
- You’ll be an active member of the team with 5-7 backend engineers reporting directly to you.
- You’ll coach and help your team grow personally and professionally, through regular 1on1s, feedback/reviews, goal setting and career development planning. You’ll also help develop our people management practices with the wider engineering management team.
- You’ll work with the CTO & Head of Product to give input on new initiatives.
- You’ll lead technical delivery in the team, contributing to and executing on the technical vision, working closely with the rest of the engineering leadership team, product managers and designers. That means prioritizing, organizing and structuring work on your team’s roadmap, while ensuring we build the right thing the right way, with good quality, sound architecture and efficient delivery.
- You’ll support the team by providing a clear vision, removing obstacles, optimizing development processes and being the champion for continuous improvement.
- You’ll advise and mentor engineers on best practices for designing and architecting solutions, including design reviews, code reviews and introducing new technologies.
- You’ll collaborate with the hiring team to help build a diverse engineering team.
Adaptable, balanced leadership style
You understand what different situations, people or environments need from you as a leader. Whether that’s collaborating, mentoring, urgent decision making, or just having fun!
Care deeply about supporting and developing people
You believe that people are the most important part of an organization, and your top priority is to help them grow and be happy. We want you to be enthusiastic about helping people achieve their goals and coaching teams to be awesome.
Voice of clarity
You are comfortable working in ambiguity, and love to develop ideas and strategies from the ground up. You have a skill for picking apart complexity and nuance, and have a great ability to communicate that clarity to the other people around you.
Understanding the dynamics of a distributed team
We’d like you to have an understanding of the challenges of working in a distributed team, and the challenges that teams have when they’re distributed, especially around communication and collaboration. Experience of running development teams is essential, and experience of running distributed development teams would be great.
Good command of English, written and verbal
As a distributed team we primarily communicate via Slack. so the ability to clearly and completely communicate in written English is vital. We also frequently hop on calls, both audio and video, so the ability to clearly speak and understand English is also vital.
How we work
Laterpay has around 30 people spread over 15+ countries in time zones from UTC-8 to UTC+2. We’re a distributed team, though we have offices in Munich (DE) and New York (US).
We care more about the things you do than whether you’re in a chair at a desk at 9am every day. That said, most of us work Monday - Friday from 7ish UTC to 4ish UTC, and ideally your schedule will overlap at least 4 hours (in the European afternoon). We try to be as asynchronous
as possible, but still feel that we need some “synchronicity” to work well.
Our values are:
- Be fearless. Be entrepreneurial.
- Simplify things.
- Own your decisions. Your successes. Your mistakes.
- Enjoy diversity and inclusion.
- Work as a team. Trust each other.
We’re proud to have employees from many different nationalities, races, genders, ages, backgrounds, educations, and levels of experience. Assembling a diverse team isn’t just the right thing to do, it ensures we build a product that works for and appeals to an audience that faithfully reflects our communities and our shared planet.
- Fully remote culture
- AllHands (biannual team event, virtual until we’re allowed to travel again)
- Training budget (€1,000/year)
- Paid sick leave
- Paid time off
- Distributed, international team
- Flexible work
- Company laptop
If this sounds interesting, please apply here and
- Upload your CV,
- Tell us a bit about yourself and your experience in acover letter by sharing what excites you about a role as an EM.
Your application must include a cover letter to be considered.
We're especially interested to talk to candidates with a history of working with startups, or in small businesses with small to medium sized teams, ideally developing pre-market fit products.
We will be accepting applications until October 26. We’ll spend time reviewing applications until October 29 -- no need to check in with us if you don’t hear anything back from us during this time!
€75k - €105k / year, negotiable based on experience and skills level.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/laterpay-engineering-manager-services-team-1?via=REMOTEful