Whitespectre is a product development company that creates high-performing platforms and apps, both for our long-term client partners and our own products. Founded in 2013, we partner with both large established companies and high-growth start-ups in the US and Europe. We're a close-knit team of almost 80 smart and diverse people, working together remotely and meeting in person in Barcelona!
We are looking for an experienced React Native Engineer to join one of our new project key delivery teams on a full-time, long-term basis. In this role, you’ll work within a cross-functional squad of backend and front-end engineers, product, & UI/UX designers to solve interesting technical challenges and create products that drive real business growth at scale.
As a lead/senior member of the team, you'll help to drive architecture and implementation decisions, help product make smart trade-offs to deliver a great user experience in a scalable way, and mentor other engineers.
What will you do?
- Designing the architecture and building out a new mobile app from scratch using React Native (JS or Typescript)
- Collaborating with backend engineers in designing, specifying and implementing services to decouple functionality (REST or GraphQL)
- Working with Product and UI/UX to help build the best product as efficiently as possible.
- Ensuring the robustness, performance and failure characteristics of the system.
- Writing well tested, defect-free code with CI/CD
- Taking ownership of production applications - managing issues, releases and ensuring quality
Our company toolset includes ReactJS, Typescript, Webpack, REST/GraphQL, CI/CD with Docker, Heroku/AWS, Rails6, Postgres, Elastic, etc. Working smartly is important to us; automation, dynamic environments spin up with new feature branches and slack bot integrations control our production releases.
You should have:
- 2+ years of production experience of React Native applications (especially iOS targets)
- 4+ years of software engineering experience, preferably in modern JS frameworks e.g. React/Vue/Angular/Backbone.
- Experience using Agile Methodologies in a remote team
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Availability to work full-time within a fast-moving cross-functional team, crossing over with 11 am - 7 pm Central European Time
What do we offer?
- Interesting challenges: We’ve done everything from scaling high-performance backends, building beautiful (but complex) user interfaces to apps with low-level bluetooth communication with hardware devices.
- Competitive rates: This is a contract position with a long-term outlook.
- 100% Remote: We've been proudly and successfully remote-first for 7+ years
- Impact: Our delivery teams are fast-moving, highly collaborative, and own products end to end - your thinking and contribution make a big impact!
- Great environment: We provide a great working atmosphere where you can share and learn with other smart people.
- Career progression: We want you to grow with us and provide the opportunities, knowledge sharing and mentorship to do that.
- Work-life balance: love your work, but know that it doesn’t take over your life.
- Paid Meetups: Come meet with your colleagues in Barcelona or at a local meetup.
You must live outside of the US. Please no recruitment agencies.
Why is it good to work with us?
Because we work on great products. Sure, we can list the latest set of technologies that we use, but that is a given. Everyone does that right? What's more interesting is how they are used - the design, the architecture, the approach to solving business problems, and helping businesses to grow.
Because we believe in constant learning and exploring - whether that’s a new skill, a new role, or a new way of seeing. And because we've found that we learn the most when we take on new challenges as a team. We’re proud that people love working with us (and still have lives outside of work). Want to know more? Check out whitespectre.com
and we're proud of what people are saying about us on Glassdoor