At Conduktor our mission is to help companies operate their data by making their Apache Kafka journey easier. We’re an international startup and we are looking for highly motivated, tech/data-oriented people who want to share this amazing journey with us. We have thousands of happy users around the world from Fortune 500 companies, and we need your help to scale up!
We are looking for experimented Kafka Software Engineers to join our team of very experimented Scala/ZIO Engineers and work on our various products. You can see how we work by reading our blog post: Open Sourcing our Scala API
The position is NOT a Data Engineer or DevOps position.
What will you be doing?
- Be part of our backend teams to develop one of our products (Scala, ZIO, tapir, http4s, Caliban)
- Review your peers' Github Pull Requests
- Implement features using Scala/ZIO and enjoy removing technical debt (we have some in Kotlin)
- Write ADRs with the other engineers to discuss the best solutions to a problem
- (bonus) Assist pre-sales meetings and do support for our customers
What skills & experience do you need?
- Years of industry experience building software with Scala and ZIO
- Years working with Apache Kafka and its extensions (Kafka Connect, Streams, etc.)
- Work with Github Pull Requests / commit your work to make it reviewable by your peers
- Be open-minded, criticize existing code constructively and suggest alternatives.
- (bonus) Knowledgeable about CQRS, Event Sourcing
- (bonus) Kotlin, JavaFX knowledge (we have some!)