Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
Doximity is transforming the healthcare industry. Our mission is to help doctors save time so they can provide better care for patients. We value diversity — in backgrounds and experiences. Healthcare is a universal concern, and we need people from all backgrounds to help build the future of healthcare.
One of Doximity's core values
is stretching ourselves. Even if you don't check off all the boxes below we encourage you to apply. Doximity is full of exceptional people that don't fit a mold, join us!
Data engineers on our data services team provide standardized tools, frameworks and libraries to empower data pipelining and analytics endeavors through a horizontally scalable data stack. The data services team is responsible for continuously improving the software environment for our data analysts, machine learning engineers, and data engineers at Doximity. Effectively maintaining and evolving the software layer on which all data teams at Doximity build.
This role can be filled in our San Francisco headquarters OR remotely in the U.S.
How you’ll make an impact
- Collaborate with data analysts, data engineers, and machine learning engineers to understand their future needs and current blockers to ensure the Doximity data stack will meet future needs and reduce existing blockers
- Understand what our data product teams are trying to achieve. Principally, to help you propose, architect, design, and implement solutions and best practices to maximize the time they can spend on their immediate goals. While minimizing the time they need to spend on unrelated or redundant technical hurdles
- Continuously improve our software engineering culture within the data organization by leading through example
- Work with other teams on isolating and understanding development, performance, and stability issues - together with the data infrastructure team, you will be part of the last line of defense to resolve problems facing members of our data teams
What we’re looking for
- You have professional data engineering or internal tooling experience with a focus on supporting several product teams concurrently
- You are fluent in Python and SQL and have some lower-level understanding of programming language internals, Linux, and networking.
- You understand what separates good and bad data pipelines
- You are foremost an engineer, making you passionate about high code quality, automated testing, and engineering best practices
- You have the ability to self-manage, prioritize, and deliver functional solutions
- You possess advanced knowledge of analytical databases, software engineering practices, testing methodologies, and data analytics.
- You agree that concise and effective written and verbal communication is a must for a successful team
Why you want to work here/Benefits/Perks
Doximity is proud to offer industry-leading benefits. Some of our offerings include:
- Medical, dental, vision offerings for you and your family
- 401k with matching program
- Family building support, Childcare FSA, and parental leave
- Life, AD&D, and Disability
- Generous time off, holidays and paid company trips
- Plus many more!
More About Doximity…
Founded in 2010, Doximity is the leading digital platform for medical professionals. The company’s network members include over 80% of physicians across all specialties and practice areas. Doximity provides its verified members with digital tools built for medicine, enabling them to collaborate with colleagues, stay up-to-date with the latest medical news and research, manage their careers and conduct virtual patient visits. Doximity’s mission is to help doctors be more productive so they can provide better healthcare for their patients. For more information, please visitDoximity.com
Joining Doximity means being part of an incredibly talented and humble team. We’re driven by the goal of improving inefficiencies in our $3.5 trillion U.S. healthcare system and love creating technology that has a real, meaningful impact on people’s lives. To learn more about our team, culture, and users, check out our careers page
, company blog
, and engineering blog
. We’re growing fast, and there’s plenty of opportunity for you to make an impact—join us!"
Doximity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/doximity-senior-data-platform-engineer?via=REMOTEful