Headquarters: Berlin, Germany
About the job
We are Europe’s largest airlines’ innovation unit and work on a variety of innovative projects from new ways of booking flights to the future of climate-neutral flying.
As a senior developer, you are someone who can see projects through from beginning to end, coach others, and self-manage. We’re looking for an eager person who can bring our team to the next level with their technical knowledge, people skills, and real-world experience.
On the technical side, extensive experience building high-traffic websites using Ruby and Ruby on Rails is a hard requirement. Experience with DevOps (AWS services, Terraform) is a plus but not required.
- Ruby on Rails backend & we're experimenting with Sorbet
- Open API Specs for contract testing
- Bonus: Amazon Web Services (RDS, ECS, Lambda, Cloudwatch)
- Bonus: TypeScript, React/Vue
How we work
- Our biweekly sprint planning call is our only regular meeting
- For complex features, write a design doc before coding
- All code goes through code review, reviews are split out evenly across the team
- A dedicated "runner" fields ad-hoc requests and bug reports each week, so that everyone else can focus
- We use Tuple for pair programming
Technical Skills & Experience
- You've built complex apps in a Ruby on Rails + modern frontend stack before, with a codebase optimized for performance and scale
- You've designed & shipped large applications with many components and data structures
- You have a proven ability to design interfaces that stand the test of time, showing anticipation of future product changes
- You have experience integrating complex third party APIs
- You are able to successfully refactor existing code and get rid of tech debt without regressions
- You are able to handle ambiguity, and can push projects forward even when there is not a clear best path
- You see things through from start to finish
- You can manage yourself but you also work well with others
- A good sense of humor and a great team player
- Fluent English and an excellent communicator
This is a full-time position and you can work from anywhere within ±6 hours of CET. The salary range is between $90 - 120k.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/lufthansa-innovation-hub-senior-backend-developer-ruby-1?via=REMOTEful